Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

TWM 2008 Lancer Short Shifter Pre-Order!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, now I'm sold on the shift knob.
Old May 5, 2008, 01:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump!

We are on schedule to deliver the first batch on May 15th and still taking pre-orders until then!

Thanks,

Frank
TWM Performance
Old May 7, 2008, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

Hi everyone,

The installation manual for the 2008 Lancer TWM Short Shifter is now complete!

Here is a link to the PDF version of the manual, as you can see this is a very straight forward installation.

http://www.twmperformance.com/manual...all-manual.pdf

We are still taking pre-orders for the 2008 Lancer Short Shifter until May 15th, just follow this link to place your order:

2008 Lancer Short Shifter pre-order!

Thanks,

Frank
TWM Performance
Old May 7, 2008, 05:05 PM

nice, thx
Old May 7, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

ooooooo... i can't wait ... I can't wait I can't wait! It's almost like waiting for Christmas to get here when your 5
Old May 7, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

question what is the difference between a weighted shift and a normal shift?? what is considered weighted and what isnt?? if i was going to do a comparison with the stock what is the stock weight compared to a weighted shift knob?? sorry alot of questions i know lol but i just wanted to know before i buy a new shift knob! thank you =)
Old May 8, 2008, 03:38 AM

Any confirmation that it fits the 09?
Old May 8, 2008, 06:27 AM
Account Disabled

question what is the difference between a weighted shift and a normal shift?? what is considered weighted and what isnt?? if i was going to do a comparison with the stock what is the stock weight compared to a weighted shift knob?? sorry alot of questions i know lol but i just wanted to know before i buy a new shift knob! thank you =)
Hi AhFuJai,

The main advantage of a Weighted Shift Knob is to offer a smoother shift feeling on a manual transmission. The increase weight of the shift knob makes the movement easier when shifting into gears because the heavier shift knob carries more momentum than a lighter shift knob.

As for the Lancer stock shift knob, we weighted it at 294 grams (which is heavier than most stock shift knobs). Compared to this, our line of Weighted Shift Knobs varies from 400 grams to 600 grams. I see you are from Montreal, if you want to compare our different models you can drop by at the shop, we're in Napiervielle, 20 minutes south of Montreal. We will be glad to show you the different models and finishes available!

Any confirmation that it fits the 09?
We have had confirmation from a local dealership that the parts numbers related to the shift assembly are the same for the 2009 and 2008 year-models. We assume it is going to fit, however we did not test it ourselves yet.

Thanks,

Frank
TWM Performance
Old May 8, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

wow thanks and u guys are located near mtl its even better for me =) ive been considering buying the short shifter from u guys
Old May 8, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

oh another question.. if i drop by the shop and buy the short shifter will it be possible for u guys to do the install??
Old May 8, 2008, 10:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AhFuJai
oh another question.. if i drop by the shop and buy the short shifter will it be possible for u guys to do the install??

Hi,

Of course we can install the short shifter for an additionnal charge, Kevin and I just installed the final product in our test car this morning and it took us 32 minutes exactly. The base bushings were already in though, it will be a little longer if we install them but it's not a problem.

You can give us a call at 450-245-9099 next week when the short shifters are in so we can set all the details.

Thanks,

Frank
TWM Performance
Old May 12, 2008, 12:04 PM
Account Disabled

Hey guys,

Good news! The first production run was ready earlier than anticipated so all the pre-orders we received will be shipped by the end of today!

The special pre-order price will still remain until May 15th, you can place your order right here:

TWM Lancer 2008 Short Shifter Pre-Order!

Thanks,

Frank
TWM Performance
Old May 12, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Hot damn! I just got my UPS shipment notice email from you guys! I ~really~ can't wait now!
Old May 20, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

hellz yes! I got my Short Shifter in the mail last night! I can't wait to install it this weekend!
Old May 25, 2008, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

I installed my TWM short shifter today. I didn't bother timing it, but it didn't take long. The instructions that came with it are posted on the 'net by them here (http://www.twmperformance.com/manual...ll-manual.pdf). The instructions are extremely accurate. I got the "base bushings" with my short shifter kit. I will say that I used quite a bit more lithium grease than they did in their pics. Install was a breeze.

The short shifter feels hella nice. The kit repositions the shifter a little closer to the driver; not quite as close as the WORKS shifter, which I see pics of it being almost too close (Hand Brake almost gets in the way of 2nd). The TWM kit fits perfect with my sitting position and driving style. If the shifter were any closer to me, I would have issues with it hitting my knee.

The feel compared to stock is like night and day. Where I always thought the stock shifter felt a bit "spongy", the TWM shifter feels nice and crisp, accurate, and I almost want to say "notchy" but it's only barely more notchy than stock. The reach to 5th gear is perfect; I no longer feel like I'm reaching for the glove box! The shift throws are much shorter and the shorter throws makes for a very noticeable decrease in arm movement while shifting.

For me, this is the perfect shifter. Everything is in the right position. The stick is not too far and not too close. The shifting effort is increased, but only to the point that it ~feels~ good to go through the gears. The over all shifter gives you a crisper, more accurate, and much more sporty feel to changing gears.

I haven't tried a WORKS shifter, but I can't imagine it being better than this.

Anyways, the pics.... I didn't bother with duplicating any of the pics that are in TWM's ads, or manual. You can look at those already, and they are accurate depictions of their product. Instead, I took different pictures that would hopefully give you an idea of what this product is like compared to stock, and what it might be like to live with.

TWM vs Stock (TWM on the left):

1st Gear from the Driver's Seat:

Hand on shifter (1st Gear) from the Driver's Seat:

Quick Reply: TWM 2008 Lancer Short Shifter Pre-Order!