Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

TWM 2008 Lancer Short Shifter Pre-Order!

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad you like it rob. im gonna have to get a feel for this thing next time i see ya
Old May 27, 2008, 12:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nunyas
I installed my TWM short shifter today. I didn't bother timing it, but it didn't take long. The instructions that came with it are posted on the 'net by them here (http://www.twmperformance.com/manuals/2008-lancer-short-shifter-install-manual.pdf). The instructions are extremely accurate. I got the "base bushings" with my short shifter kit. I will say that I used quite a bit more lithium grease than they did in their pics. Install was a breeze.

The short shifter feels hella nice. The kit repositions the shifter a little closer to the driver; not quite as close as the WORKS shifter, which I see pics of it being almost too close (Hand Brake almost gets in the way of 2nd). The TWM kit fits perfect with my sitting position and driving style. If the shifter were any closer to me, I would have issues with it hitting my knee.

The feel compared to stock is like night and day. Where I always thought the stock shifter felt a bit "spongy", the TWM shifter feels nice and crisp, accurate, and I almost want to say "notchy" but it's only barely more notchy than stock. The reach to 5th gear is perfect; I no longer feel like I'm reaching for the glove box! The shift throws are much shorter and the shorter throws makes for a very noticeable decrease in arm movement while shifting.

For me, this is the perfect shifter. Everything is in the right position. The stick is not too far and not too close. The shifting effort is increased, but only to the point that it ~feels~ good to go through the gears. The over all shifter gives you a crisper, more accurate, and much more sporty feel to changing gears.

I haven't tried a WORKS shifter, but I can't imagine it being better than this.

Anyways, the pics.... I didn't bother with duplicating any of the pics that are in TWM's ads, or manual. You can look at those already, and they are accurate depictions of their product. Instead, I took different pictures that would hopefully give you an idea of what this product is like compared to stock, and what it might be like to live with.
Thanks for the great review nunyas, glad you like the short shifter

There are still some from the first production run in stock guys, check them out here: TWM 2008 Lancer short shifters

Thanks for your orders!

Kevin
TWM
Old May 27, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

It was the least I could do for an excellent product that made my shifter feel the way it should have from the factory.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

any more reviews from people that installed this shifter?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:44 AM
Account Disabled

Hi Demis,

Here is a link to a review thread about the TWM Lancer Short Shifter on another Lancer forum, there is also a video showing the throw reduction with the short shifter:

Short Shifter review on Project Lancer

Feel free to contact us if you need any informations!

Frank
TWM Performance
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Demis
I just installed TWM's shifter today and it is one of those must have mods! The feel of the shifter is much more crisp and accurate. It takes away the mushiness of the stock shifter and throws are noticeably shorter. The placement is also more comfortable. 5th gear feels right. I didn't need to make any adjustments whatsoever...but that maybe because I'm used to short throw shifters from my last car. Shifting effort is slightly increase, but if you can pick up a , then the effort required to is nothing. It is a definite night and day difference.

Frank was also VERY helpful in dispelling my doubts about voiding the factory warranty. Taking a a look at the shifting mechanism in person, I saw that it's not really possible for this shifter to do any damage to the transmission. Install was a piece of cake. The instructions were clear and concise. I took my time and finished it in just over an hour with the bushing install. I could probably do it in half the time now.

I'm usually not a huge reviewer but this is one of those products that I feel the modding public should know about!

Thanks TWM for a great product!
Old Jul 18, 2008, 02:50 AM
Evolving Member

^thanks for the 411
Old Jul 18, 2008, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

TWM FTW! love my shifter, must have mod for sure! been a month since i installed it and its just sooooo much better than the stock shifter. just email frank and he will sort you out.....n yeah...buy the bushings too!!
Old Jul 18, 2008, 08:30 AM
Account Disabled

YeOldeLancer and homieG, thanks for the great reviews guys!

Demis, i answered your private message, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Frank
TWM Performance
Old Jul 18, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nearsidefeb
Any confirmation that it fits the 09?
Just installed it in my 2009. Fits PERFECTLY!
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TWM Performance
YeOldeLancer and homieG, thanks for the great reviews guys!

Demis, i answered your private message, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Frank
TWM Performance
Got it thank you very much!