Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

TWM 2008 Lancer Short Shifter Pre-Order!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
TWM 2008 Lancer Short Shifter Pre-Order!

Hi Guys,

TWM is pleased to announce that we have recently completed final testing of the 2008 Lancer short shifter, and are now taking pre-orders. We have started our first production run, and we will be able to ship out all pre-orders on May 15th, 2008.

The specs for the short shifter are as follows:

-30% throw reduction
-1.25” shift knob height reduction
-Compatible with stock shift knob or any TWM Weighted Stainless Steel Shift Knob
-Available with optional aluminum shifter base bushings
-Very simple installation, no modification of stock parts required
-Centers shifter in center console, bringing shifter closer to driver for a more comfortable and natural driving position

We have designed the 2008 Lancer short shifter with a reduced shift knob height, as well as a re-positioned pivot point for optimal shift feel and throw reduction. This is a true short shifter, which reduces both shift knob height and angular throw, not just a “chopped off” version of the stock shifter.

The short shifter is fully CNC machined from billet steel and is a complete replacement for the stock shifter shaft. The shifter also features a lifetime warranty as is the case with all of our products. The installation is straight forward and does not require any modification of stock components. Simply remove the stock shifter and replace with the TWM short shifter, typical installation time is approximately 45 minutes to an hour.

The short shifter retails for $149.95 without shifter base bushings, or $169.90 with shifter base bushings.

Until May 15th 2008, we are offering a very special pre-order price of $134.95 without shifter base bushings, or $154.90 with shifter base bushings for a savings of $15.

The optional shifter base bushings provide a more solid contact point between the shift assembly and lower mounting point to remove unwanted flex from the shift assembly. These bushings retail for $24.95 plus shipping when purchased alone, however they can be added for only $19.95 when purchased together with the short shifter.

TWM Performance's weighted stainless steel shift knobs are also all compatible with the short shifter and can be purchased with the short shifter at a $15 discount.

The short shifter is available for pre-order here: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Short Shifter

Please contact us at sales@twmperformance.com for any questions you may have, or if you prefer to place your order by phone please call us toll free at 1-877-655-0540.

Thank you,

Kevin
TWM Performance
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is this all they make for our cars or are they developing more stuff for our cars??
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

is this all they make for our cars or are they developing more stuff for our cars??
All of our Shift Knobs fit the new 2008 Lancer short shifter as well as the stock shifter.

Check out our new mirror finish available on every shift knob model!

Frank
TWM Performance
Old Apr 24, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a significant increase in shifting effort, or nothing you can't get used to quickly?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 01:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MasterAK
Is there a significant increase in shifting effort, or nothing you can't get used to quickly?
Hi MasterAK,

Shifting effort is increased slightly, but it is certainly nothing that you can't get used to quickly. I found the short shifter incredibly smooth and direct during testing, especially with the base bushings. Compared to my STi the shifting effort is significantly less with the Lancer short throw.

Thanks

Kevin
TWM
Old Apr 24, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

are you guys gona come out with a shift boot as well
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

do you have to grease those bushings? Also, I'm curious, why aluminum and not bronze?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:41 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mines hotter
are you guys gona come out with a shift boot as well
We could make a shift boot for the Lancer if demand is high. Eventually we would like to have shift boots available for all of our short shifters, but currently there is no ETA for the 2008 Lancer boot.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nunyas
do you have to grease those bushings? Also, I'm curious, why aluminum and not bronze?
Hi nunyas,

The aluminum shifter base bushings do not require grease since they are completely stationary beneath the shifter assembly. We chose aluminum for the base bushings since there are no moving parts within them or on their perimeter. They act simply as a replacement for the stock rubber bushings to provide a more solid contact point between the shift assembly and the floor of the car, and as a result improve shift feel.

In the case of shifter cable bushings we would have chosen a material like bronzoil like the rest of our cable bushings since there is rotation within the inner bushing hole and on the exterior perimeter. Base bushings do not experience the same loads so aluminum is ideal.

I hope this helps, thank you for your interest in our products.

Kevin
TWM Performance
Old Apr 25, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

excellent and now that I know what the aluminum bushings are for it makes total sense to me. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:23 PM
Account Disabled

i have a short shifter installed already. Can i still install the bushings?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by FinestSoldier
i have a short shifter installed already. Can i still install the bushings?
Absolutely, even the stock shifter benefits from the base bushings. If you already have a short shifter installed, you can still install the base bushings no problem. They can be ordered from the following link, just scroll down to the shifter base bushings section and choose your car from the drop down menu.

Thanks guys, have a great weekend.

Kevin
TWM
Old Apr 25, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

How does this compare to the WORKS short shifter model?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:11 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by mmartahus
How does this compare to the WORKS short shifter model?
Different logo...

All kidding aside, most short shifters do about the same thing. This TWM kit has the advantage of offering the bushings, though.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 07:11 AM
Account Disabled

just placed my order for the bushings. Hope they do anything

Quick Reply: TWM 2008 Lancer Short Shifter Pre-Order!