Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

Ebay short shifter

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2003, 07:02 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just a thought I've had for a few months. I was thinking of taking my stock shifter to Rob's shop and using his tools to cut and rethread the stick to make a short shifter that still keeps the stick close to me (since B&M took out the bend and it now sits closer to the passenger than me). If I wanted to use the shoulder for the shift boot, I could probably take off an inch and use a shorter knob (like B&M uses). Any comments, good or bad?
Old Oct 16, 2003, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that won't actually reduce your throws. The shifters are actually different in their fulcrums enough to generate actual difference in the upper travel. You can cut your stock shifter down, but you won't have any shorter throws (angle wise) so I don't know as you'll be any further ahead of being a stock shifter.

I know what you mean about the missing bend... but I kind of like it... fits my positioning better....

you aren't going to lose anything by chewing up your stock shifter though... (other than ever being back to perfectly stock) so go for it and see if you like it.. but keep in mind you will NOT actually have any shorter of a throw... just a shorter stick that still has to travel the same upper distance.