Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

n0ob <----- quick question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2003, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I agree, an auto on a performance car such as a Corvette or 350z or EVO could be considered pointless and such. But I mean come on, the Lancer is just an economy car. I think many members here forget that. Yes, you have more open to you performance wise if you get the stick. Yes the stick will be faster. But is 16.7 in the 1/4 that bragable? Its still slow. For someone to think they got a "real drivers car" compared to crap just because they got a stick confuses me and makes me laugh. I dont really think anyone in this thread is guilty of this thought process, just thought Id share my thoughts.

No one can decide what is right except yourself. Im perfectly happy with my auto, especially with bumper to bumper traffic for 2 hours on I-80. If I really want to have a driving experience, I can just go visit my old man with his G35 Coupe or my cousin with his Vette. Just because I own an auto doesnt mean Im ignorant to the art of three pedals, lol.

Last edited by Tristar; Oct 3, 2003 at 08:51 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2003, 09:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Traffic isn't really that bad and I'm driving on a 4 puck. I'm not exactly beastly in stature either at 6'2" 165lbs.

Personally I stand by the trade in.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

you d need a new tranny, fly wheel, cluch, master clutch cylender, might need master (dont know if the auto has a hook up for clutch) a new ecu, wiring harness, clutch lines, new brake pedal, and a clutch pedal im pretty sure im not missing anything
Old Oct 7, 2003, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Tristar Racing
Lancer is just an economy car. I think many members here forget that. Yes, you have more open to you performance wise if you get the stick. Yes the stick will be faster. But is 16.7 in the 1/4 that bragable? Its still slow. For someone to think they got a "real drivers car" compared to crap just because they got a stick confuses me and makes me laugh.
Well, I never thought I own a SUPER CAR 'cuz I got a stick.
Having a underpowered 5-spd car for the first car is good for practice and experience, at least that's why I insisted to get a stick in the first place...
(**well I gotta admit I wanted to impress girls if they sit in my car and see me driving a 5-spd. ..but it's been 6months and i'm still having trouble getting girls to sit in there.... ...and thank God they havn't sitten in there yet, or all the jerking of the car will make them throw up... )

Anyway, if you already got a auto then juz be happy about it, drive it for 2 years then trade it in for an FR which will then GOTTA be a stick...