Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Header Gaskets Question

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Header Gaskets Question

I got a used Kamakazi header from my friend but theres no gasket so i need to buy a new one, and i called about 10 stores and all of them said they didnt have in stock or any special orders for Our Lancers, i was wondering where i could get them? and what in specific to ask for if it doesnt matter, and how it would like like if anyone knows, when i search online all i see is 1 gasket, is that how it suppose to be?

I searched and didnt quite get anything
Old May 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

I bought mine from here.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...03&catalogid=1
Old May 29, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

I guess you could get it there^^ The usual autoparts stores don't stock it. I got one from the dealer, at least you can get it the same day that way. Don't really need it though unless it is somehow destroyed (see below if you want to know how they can be destroyed). Its metal and 2 layers. The one you need to be worried about on a kamikaze is the collector to downpipe gasket. The copper one they ship it with is trash.

How to destroy your exhaust manifold gasket. Lots of people thinks its ok to leave the bottom left manifold nut off since it is such a ***** to work on. I used to think this was cool too. I had a small exhaust leak in that corner because that nut was left off. What I figured happened is that metal gasket vibrated (exhaust gas is violent at the head) and ate the corner of the gasket off and the head is all pitted on that corner too from it. This was after 3 days of usage.