Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

got a hole in your radiator??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a hole in your radiator??

have you ever popped a hole in your radiator?

well this past weekend i was drilling a hole for my intercooler when i thought i put the drill back in reverse... it wasnt. and i went a tad bit toooo far into the radiator and it started leaking But luckily this old guy who is my neigbor owns all these old skool fords and chevy's and he told me.. "dude... theres a trick to that... dont even worry.. Just take 2-3 egg whites... put them in a spray bottle.. and spray the whole thing on the hole..." im thinking.. this dude is nuts.. but my radiator kept dripping.. so im thinking im gonna have to get a new one any ways.. so fK it... so i do what he says... i get 2 egg whites (NO YOLK!!!) and put them in a spray bottle and sprayed the hole..... waited about 5-10 minutes and turn the car and the a/c on... wahh lahh!! no more LEaking!! i even poured in the amount of fluid that i lost...... no more leaking The eggwhite hardens on the messed up hole.. and the fluid skips over the damaged hole into the next one. Eventually i will have to get a new one.. but for now it saves me a few bucks... Thanks to the old dude in my complex Just thought i'd share this trick with you guys... INCASE this odd situation ever happens to you!... cuz lets face it Sheeyaat Happens!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can spray it on or I have seen people put an egg or two directly into the radiator. I couldn't believe how quickly it works.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kurt
You can spray it on or I have seen people put an egg or two directly into the radiator. I couldn't believe how quickly it works.
yeah you can pour it on if your radiator is out of the car laying face down on the ground... but if its still standing and mounted like mines was( i JUST installed the turbo kit.. no way im taking it off LOLOL).. Spraying it overtime gets it done too! with that said Kurt... im glad im not the ONLY one to witness this!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you need an OEM radiator for cheap; talk to Joe. i think he's still got one lying around.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by comatose721
if you need an OEM radiator for cheap; talk to Joe. i think he's still got one lying around.
Damn, you are Johnny-on-the-spot. This is like....I dont know how many times I've seen you jump in to tell someone who to find a part from. Good looking out

I gotta ask though, your avatar, who is that?

Last edited by sdhes; Jun 1, 2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sdhes
Damn, you are Johnny-on-the-spot. This is like....I dont know how many times I've seen you jump in to tell someone who to find a part from. Good looking out

I gotta ask though, your avatar, who is that?
just please don't **** in, on, or around me

the avatar is Adam Lazarra from TBS....exit 152 NJ