Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

My car needs an alignment bad..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2003, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car needs an alignment bad..

so I called the dealer and asked to set up an appointment and they said I would need to keep my car there overnight for an alignment.. now I believe an alignment shouldn't take more than an hour... so I went to get my oil change and took my bf with me and he said that he did not see the alignment machine in the garage there.. could it be possible that they keep the car overnight and take it elsewhere for the alignment? Shouldn't they have to tell you that if that is the case??
Old Jun 2, 2003, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: My car needs an alignment bad..

Originally posted by Bella42382
so I called the dealer and asked to set up an appointment and they said I would need to keep my car there overnight for an alignment.. now I believe an alignment shouldn't take more than an hour... so I went to get my oil change and took my bf with me and he said that he did not see the alignment machine in the garage there.. could it be possible that they keep the car overnight and take it elsewhere for the alignment? Shouldn't they have to tell you that if that is the case??
Just ask they should let you know the story. No reason to hide the fact that they do not have an alignment machine on premise. I would call other shops so you don't have to leave your car there overnight....

Flybyevo..
Old Jun 2, 2003, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why they don't have one that's the most common of all machines that should be found in a service center. who knows i guess the only way to find out would be to ask but as i said, they should have one if they wanna call themselfs a service center.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 01:38 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just take it to a Pep Boys, if they have those out where you are. They'll do it without an appointment in about 3 hours, and also give you the before and after specs so you know what they adjusted.

Of course, I'm gonna get mine done by this local guy who aligns race cars, but that won't help you unless you plan on driving out to Cali.