Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Lancer engine is junk!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Engine Click in my '03 Lancer - YAY!
Old Nov 22, 2003, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

"I have more knowlege of his particular car because he has been emailing me information. I don't even know why I bother to try and help people, there is always someone with a narrow set of knowledge about a car who thinks they always right. I feel like I am just wasting my time."

That's great for him emailing you. Did it ever solved the problem? Nope. Like I have said before, people can yell and threathen Mitsu about their valve ticking problem, and Mitsu won't do a gawd damn thing, even under warranty. Even if 20,000 lancer and mirage owners complain to Mitsu, it won't force them to get a recall or even recognize the problem.

Did the dealer service rep told him basically take a hike? Seems like it since he seemed steamed about it.

"We are not talking about crankwalk, stay on topic"

No. DSM'ers are putting together enough case study to bring it forth to Mitsu attention for a possible recall on their problem. If lancer guys want to do one, they have a perfect opportunity. The ball is in their court.

It's not about crankwalking lancers.

"I have had more factory training then probably 99% of the people on this board."

That's great for you. I'm sure that's the case.

"I have a college degree in Automotive Technology."

That doesn't mean much since I know a few have one. In the end, they don't even work in their field of study. Go figure. For those who stay in their field, they are miserable working at the dealership.

"What are your qualifications to spew out your misinformation. I'd run circles around you any day of the week on a car."

Being a mighty crass are you? I have worked on cars since the 80's from lowly pintos and chevettes to classic Iroc-Z's to a little of DSMs.

In the end, looks like Mitsu didn't bother with such possible warranty issue. So, did the guy lost valuable time and effort haggling w/ the service rep?
Old Nov 22, 2003, 09:27 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
try the CD3 oil additive for lifters. after one can it helps eliminate the lifter noise. it worked on my 1988 mitsu galant sigma with original engine and 201,000 miles, it should work on yours
Old Nov 22, 2003, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/crankwalktheory.htm

This is one way DSM'ers are doing their R&D to bring forth to Mitsu attention.

It's still not too late for Lancer owners to start collecting data on the valve ticking problem. Lancer owners have some clout since they are part of a grand plan for the survival of Mitsu.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

if your engine is making an abnormal sound stay on the dealer ship to fix it. they are proabbly brushing you off. if you keep getting the run around cantactr MITSU direct. i hate when people try putting off thier responsibilities I.E. covering the warranty. I personnally would stay on their butts.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:26 PM

should I just live with it & understand Mitsu engines are loud like a Hyundai Excel engine with 120k miles on it??!!
Yes, you should. The Hyundia Excel used a mitsubishi engine for years!