Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

lancer 08 alignment issue!! (please help)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was driving all last night by myself and with friends and i got no pulling or shaking. must be your stocks.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got stocks on, no problem whatsoever.. soo idk.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTS_rider
Hey Guys, I've had my lancer GTS for about 3 weeks now and my only complaint is that when I go at or faster than 60mph, the car shakes a bit and pulls a lot to the left. I took it to the dealer a couple of time.
the first time they told me the had fixed it. but the problem continued.
I then took it to another dealer but they told me that they need a software update
to get the numbers so they can check the car.

then the gy called me and told me that mitsubishi has not release those number yet, and that they should get them by mid june. but that he was gonna research the numbers himself to see if he can fix the car before june...

no my Question is..... Does anybody here know how, where to get this info? I understand the car is brand new.. but it is very annoying the way it shakes... it's not a lot but I can notice it.....

Please help!
No problem here. When I am above 60 mph mine feels even more smoother. You def should have that checked out.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Yean no problem here mine tracked straight stock and does the same with the G.R.I.P. springs and new alignment to.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lotta cars have crap allignments from factory and mitsu is insane with this. my 03 lancer had horrible allignment issues from the factory.... got it fixed under warranty.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

yeah mine pulls to the left but no shuddering
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:22 AM

Took it to the dealership - he drove it (city only) and said it was fine... just "Road Crowning" - I was pissed! I told him he would never feel it at city speeds that it only happenes on the highway - they wouldn't even put it on the rack to check it out!
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

damn that sucks, i have only really pushed my car a couple times but it hasnt ever started to shake and it didnt move to the left, i mean a small pull but nothing to big. well hope that gets figured out. sorry to hear that
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

take it to dealer and show it to them again and insist the manager get involved.
My brother had a an 2007 Eclipse GT and he was having problems with the starter and he made sure he got management involved so that they address the problem correctly. Messed up thing was the car REALLY did have a problem and it took them sometime to get it fixed. Man, my brother was pissed off and he was going to take they *** to court for a lemon.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:07 PM

My car pulled to the left pretty badly. I had the dealer take a look at my alignment. Apparently, it wasn't out of alignment, and they checked all of the suspension components and stuff which were good as well. They ended up rotating tires until it drove straight. The invoice says they cross rotated front, rotated front to rear, rotated left, then rotated front to rear again...with test drives following each rotation. I'm not sure I'm satisfied with this solution, but it doesn't pull badly anymore...
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:35 PM

Took mine to the service dept., they said the Toe was out and did an alignment. Also said that in the '07 Outlanders, there was a problem w/ the bearings making a lot of noise when going over bumps, which I have noticed ever so slightly on my GTS...Only hear it on hard bumps when my window is down, but they have bearings on order and are fixing the issue...
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by rt122180
Took mine to the service dept., they said the Toe was out and did an alignment. Also said that in the '07 Outlanders, there was a problem w/ the bearings making a lot of noise when going over bumps, which I have noticed ever so slightly on my GTS...Only hear it on hard bumps when my window is down, but they have bearings on order and are fixing the issue...
I'm curious how this bearing noise sounds like? Can you describe it?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:42 AM

Ohh boy another problem. Okay I am inside now but I will go check I felt my car pulling to the left but I honestly felt it was the road . When I am on the highway at low speeds in traffic like 40 mph I felt the steering get heavy to the left but the road also went high on the right . I was in the fast lane as always
I hope this is not another problem I feel weird sometimes going to the dealership. I have been there so often lol Still love my Big but Lancer though.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:19 AM

The cars should not be pulling to the left at all. It should pull slightly to the right if at all for safety reason. I had a friend who had a lancer and he took it to the dealer. The reason they things may not be getting fixed is normally the dealer does not have the best equipment to do alignments. The dealer my friend took it to told him that. They sent him to NTB to get it done since they have better equipment. He has not had a problem since. You may want to see if they will do that for you.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 07:30 AM

My dealer keeps on saying they don't have the required software... I'm gonna take it in anyways so I can have them check the tires.. balancing.. wheels etc.. I love my lancer but this thing is driving me nots.. I understand that alignments issues might make the car pull left/ right.. but the shaking is what i'm really worry about. ....

Quick Reply: lancer 08 alignment issue!! (please help)