Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Lancer doesnt run properly please help..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The MAF is what your air filter is connected to.

If the MAF was faulty, you should get a MAF related CEL.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K thanks then i will go today and get the CEL checked out and ill bring back the code and the description today but its just annoying cause ive dropped some bucks into it and still nothing my mechanic works from home and he said he has looked at everything he can think of and he said for me to go get a diagnostic on it. but idk its just sucky
Old Jun 1, 2007, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

is actually a mas
Old Jun 2, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have CAI? Maybe you sucked up some water?
Old Jun 2, 2007, 08:02 AM

What is a CAI Sorry im a noob when it comes to cars
Old Jun 2, 2007, 08:10 AM

And then also the thing is the problem started about 7-8 months ago and it started out minor just a little jerking from here to there and since about the last 2-3 months it has gotten worse so would the water thing still be at play since the problem is not something that just happened?
Old Jun 2, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess its not water since its been 7-8 months ago. Maybe you over filled your oil? You might wanna check that. Could be the reason why your bogging down and dying.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 08:21 AM

I am having the same problem. 02 OZ with about 74,000 miles on it. Got a cylinder 2 misfire code so I moved it to cylinder 4 and got a cylinder 4 misfire. Obviously the coil right? Changed both coils, wires, and plugs and got the same thing as soon as I stepped on the gas again. I haven't had a chance to look at the vacuum lines or the fuel system yet. Let me know if you figure it out because it's starting to **** me off.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Could it be the head gasket be leaking coolant into the cylinder causing a misfire?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I have been looking into this for about a half hour and haven't found a whole lot. Most people with similar problems report a bad injector/fuel pump. I would

A. Have a shop check your fuel pressure

B. Have them check your injectors

Other random ideas. Pull your plugs and check the condition of the tips even though they are new. It should tell a lot of what is going on in the motor.

You could try hooking a wideband up to the car and make sure the air/fuel ratio remains pretty steady and it isn't running CRAZY lean or rich.

There is a possibility that the ECU is having problems.

These are just ideas I have thought of, if I come up with any more I will let you know.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

i am also having this issue. My 02 OZ has 74,000 miles on it and it also shakes when i hit the gas. Im getting it checked tomorrow
Old Aug 26, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea this happened to me today. 02 OZ with 129,xxx miles...
Old Aug 31, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

A few things to check provided you haven't tried to modify anything (!) and not tell us about it
Cam angle sensor. It's on the driver's side of the engine. I don't have pics but it's been brought up before so a search will get you in the ballpark. If it's dirty or has a bad connection then it might not send the proper info to the ECU about when to fire the plugs.
"Bad gas." I had a coworker who only ever used the cheapest gas she could find. It cost her $800 to have her injectors replaced and the fuel system flushed. What did the shop run through the tank to clean the fuel system: Chevron's Techron. Yup. Anyway, she had similar problems to what's being described. I can see a misfire code being sent if there's not enough fuel in your #2 cylinder to absorb the heat and impact of the combustion. The Seafoam stuff might help if that's the case.

Do you have the plugs and coils wired back to each other properly?

Unplug the big connector from the ECU and plug it back in. Maybe it's just loose.

Have you tried removing the neg terminal of your battery, letting it sit and then putting the neg back on (ECU reset)?

Throttle position sensor may be going out. If the ECU doesn't know where the throttle is, it can't give the correct amount of fuel. When I replaced my throttle body I didn't get mine installed perfectly the first time and it gave a similar sort of sputtering and dying to what's being described. You'll need a scan tool that can show you the info that's going to the ECU (Like an Auterra Dyno/Scan) and the TPS should be giving something like 4.7v at WOT.

Keep us posted.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 05:32 AM

Did this guy ever get his car fixed?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

vac leak?

Quick Reply: Lancer doesnt run properly please help..