Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Audio Enhance on and off

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a call on Monday, and they now have a fix for their original crappy radio. I'm taking my car up today to have the AV jacks looked at, and they are going to remove the radio to get the serial number to send in with the request for a new radio. So hopefully this solves the crappy reception and SCV which seems to work even when I turn it off.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

dang $20 for an audio jack? my friend works for bestbuy and he got me one for 85 cents. no lie. its generic brand but it works. and plus the wire is long enough for the people in the back seat to play around with the ipod. oh and sometimes we hook up the psp on it. hahaha sweet.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xeroxed
I got a call on Monday, and they now have a fix for their original crappy radio. I'm taking my car up today to have the AV jacks looked at, and they are going to remove the radio to get the serial number to send in with the request for a new radio. So hopefully this solves the crappy reception and SCV which seems to work even when I turn it off.
ya this is friggin odd, even though i turned off the SVC I also have the stereo volume going up and down. WTF

Xeroxed can you tell me what exactly the details are on the fix, cause iasked my dealer and they said they never heard of it?
Old Aug 25, 2007, 09:11 PM

i was just wondering i have the de model with the normal radio and i was just wondering if its normal that the lowest setting in the volume that i cant here is like 20 or 18 any lower and there no sound i was just seeing if that was normal or my radio is just screwd up so i can get it changed
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bizco
i was just wondering i have the de model with the normal radio and i was just wondering if its normal that the lowest setting in the volume that i cant here is like 20 or 18 any lower and there no sound i was just seeing if that was normal or my radio is just screwd up so i can get it changed
That'd be "screwed up." You should have sound as long as the volume is above zero.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
ya this is friggin odd, even though i turned off the SVC I also have the stereo volume going up and down. WTF

Xeroxed can you tell me what exactly the details are on the fix, cause iasked my dealer and they said they never heard of it?
Apparently, they just took out the head unit and put a new one in.

I got screwed (again) because I had 6 CDs in my disc changer, and they never took them out and gave them back to me...so I'm shorted six CDs...thank God they were all burnt...

It's strange that your dealer is saying they don't know anything about it because my dealer called corporate (I think) and corporate said a lot of people were complaining about it, which is why they issued the fix.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Mine Too!

My radio seems to kinda fade in and out sometimes as well. And I also have pretty much no sound until I hit around 18 on my stereo (no nav), I thought that was strange but you never know if it's a problem or some strange feature with a brand new model.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xeroxed
Apparently, they just took out the head unit and put a new one in.

I got screwed (again) because I had 6 CDs in my disc changer, and they never took them out and gave them back to me...so I'm shorted six CDs...thank God they were all burnt...

It's strange that your dealer is saying they don't know anything about it because my dealer called corporate (I think) and corporate said a lot of people were complaining about it, which is why they issued the fix.
I brought it in, and they called corporate and they said there is an issue. SO the dealer told me they willcall me when they have a solution. the ticket is open. lets see how long it will take.

I am guessing it needs a firmware update
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

kool evo keep me updated i'll need to take my car into ur dealership too.