Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Fujita Causing SEL To Go Off

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i havent noticed any problems with mine AFTER i reset the battery...although i do see the gap on my intake so we will see if the SEL light comes back on over time. i am still pleased with the intake overall
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:04 PM

Tim how many miles you have on it now after you reset the battery?
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

i've seen this same thing on a civic where their maf doesnt sit flush.....what you can do is use gasket sealer which comes in a tube from local auto parts store and put it around the gap....it will hold as it worked with the civic as well and will come off with ease if need to be removed just a suggestion
Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

^your talkin about RTV right?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by RedStar
Tim how many miles you have on it now after you reset the battery?
about 200 miles including some really hard driving
Old Dec 29, 2007, 02:15 PM

WTF! YOUR SO LUCKY LOL, Your one of the lucky guys who gets the good one lol.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:09 PM

Hi,

I've put over 1000km on my SRI and no light yet. I even had one with stripped threads on the spacer. Guess I got lucky. For anyone that does have it installed, have you noticed any changes in gas mileage. I got around 30-40km less on my first tank, but just did a lot of highway driving in the cold and got almost 600km on a tank, which is around 100km more than normal (which is all city).
Old Dec 29, 2007, 08:54 PM

I read on lancertuners that SRI steal gas more than our normal filters but not so sure because when i emailed RRM about if the sri will increase gas milage they said it would :s
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedStar
I read on lancertuners that SRI steal gas more than our normal filters but not so sure because when i emailed RRM about if the sri will increase gas milage they said it would :s
The SRI would slightly increase gas mileage only if you continue to drive your Lancer like normal...RRM is correct. If you constantly have the pedal to the floor just so you can hear the intake make noise, you will sap your mileage. At least some Fujita intakes also have a fitment issue with the MAF sensor, so having a gap that lets out/in air where it's not supposed to will also net you worse mileage (not to mention lost power).

Last edited by nj_08_gts; Dec 29, 2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:02 PM

i have done everything that people have suggested, added two rubber rings thinner to fit snuggly into the hole. Tried adding vaseline as well :P.

Move the filter outwards too!.

i've had the intake for about 3 weeks now, and i have been playing around wit resetting the battery. What i noticed is that it doesnt matter how many kms u drive. I drove from toronto to montreal (around 600km) with brand new rubber rings installed the same day...and used the stock screws to make the mas sensor super tight. The light never came on during the entire trip. When i finally stopped to get gas in montreal, and got back on the highway, the light came back on on the ramp when i was gunning it.

When i got to montreal, the same day i took out the mas sensor again, re tighten the rubber seals around and made sure everything was tight (this wuld be my 6th time doing this) and i was able to drive around the city for the next few days with no light. I was about to put those damn Fujita stickers on my windows until the stupid light came on again on the ramp on my way to the highway (on my way back to toronto).

My observation is, you may not get the light for awhile until you do hard driving aka gunning it on the highway picking up from the ramp etc.
i've also had times where i get the light 50km into driving.

I called fujita numerous times, spoke to brian, he said he hasnt heard anybody else having the same problem. I suggest every single one of you guys to call them everyday until they work on a fix.

btw, gona put on duct tape now.

i am pissed.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by soopermark; Jan 5, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by soopermark
i have done everything that people have suggested, added two rubber rings thinner to fit snuggly into the hole. Tried adding vaseline as well :P.

Move the filter outwards too!.

i've had the intake for about 3 weeks now, and i have been playing around wit resetting the battery. What i noticed is that it doesnt matter how many kms u drive. I drove from toronto to montreal (around 600km) with brand new rubber rings installed the same day...and used the stock screws to make the mas sensor super tight. The light never came on during the entire trip. When i finally stopped to get gas in montreal, and got back on the highway, the light came back on on the ramp when i was gunning it.

When i got to montreal, the same day i took out the mas sensor again, re tighten the rubber seals around and made sure everything was tight (this wuld be my 6th time doing this) and i was able to drive around the city for the next few days with no light. I was about to put those damn Fujita stickers on my windows until the stupid light came on again on the ramp on my way to the highway (on my way back to toronto).

My observation is, you may not get the light for awhile until you do hard driving aka gunning it on the highway picking up from the ramp etc.
i've also had times where i get the light 50km into driving.

I called fujita numerous times, spoke to brian, he said he hasnt heard anybody else having the same problem. I suggest every single one of you guys to call them everyday until they work on a fix.

btw, gona put on duct tape now.

i am pissed.

Thanks,
Mark
of course they are gonna tell you that..although ive only really heard of 2-3 people with the SES light and i know a ton of more people have the intake. im gonna test your theory about running the car hard and see if that causes my SES light to come back on.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 07:10 PM

Myself, a buddy in Arcadia, and Brian at Fujita is working on a fix for the ses light issue.

For cvt owners with the intake, please contact rt@f5air.com for your bracket fix asap if you haven't already done so, or fabricated yourself one.

So far, we've narrowed it down to two problems so far.
1. The diameter for the maf sensor being slightly irregular or big.
2. The coupler is fitting lose on the intake pipe. For those who own it, if you look at the coupler and depending on how you fastened the t-clamp, it will still seem like it's not a tight fit.

Thus the reason why you get it most a spiritual higher speed drivings because it is causing more air to get sucked in.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by 08_tweek
Myself, a buddy in Arcadia, and Brian at Fujita is working on a fix for the ses light issue.

For cvt owners with the intake, please contact rt@f5air.com for your bracket fix asap if you haven't already done so, or fabricated yourself one.

So far, we've narrowed it down to two problems so far.
1. The diameter for the maf sensor being slightly irregular or big.
2. The coupler is fitting lose on the intake pipe. For those who own it, if you look at the coupler and depending on how you fastened the t-clamp, it will still seem like it's not a tight fit.

Thus the reason why you get it most a spiritual higher speed drivings because it is causing more air to get sucked in.

please keep us updated.

thanks.

!
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

and SOME people laughed when i showed the intake i made by modifying a mazda 3 intake... took me 2 hours MAF sensor sits perfectly, have had it installed 2-3 months with no problems...
Old Jan 11, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer0220
and SOME people laughed when i showed the intake i made by modifying a mazda 3 intake... took me 2 hours MAF sensor sits perfectly, have had it installed 2-3 months with no problems...
Maybe you should work for Fujita.

Quick Reply: Fujita Causing SEL To Go Off