Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Fujita Causing SEL To Go Off

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fujita Causing SEL To Go Off

It's been about a week and a half now and I still haven't found a fix for my issue. It began when I installed my Fujita Intake. What happens is after i go about 20-30 miles the SEL light goes off. I took it into Auto and they tested it and it said engine running too lean. I went out to Lowes bought longer screws for the sensor and now that things holding very tight. Tonight went out for a drive to test it and same issue again. I redid the whole installation an hour ago and made everything super tight so hopefully this will fix it but for some odd reason I have no hope.

Also, just if this helps, i restart my system by unplugging the battery and the fusebox wires and i leave that untouched for about an hour to an hour and a half. So it does a full system restart.

Anyways I hope some of you guys have a answer for me. I know another guy who had same issue and his solution has not worked for me.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 04:30 AM
Account Disabled

Hey redstar,

I have heard that some guys are actually replacing their rubber seals around the maf sensor to fit more snug in the intake. You should look into that maybe?
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:33 AM

Finest - I am not sure about that for my case. Reason being i bought some rubber peices that were a bit smaller but thicker. Thing didnt even fit. Maybe ill take out the pipe and the sensor go down to home depo or Lowes and test all the rubbers untill I get a fatter one that will fit? Anyways ima make a phone call to the guy I bought it form right now and see what is going on.

Thanks for that comment though!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
another random event or a lack of R&D? Red Star do you have a PZEV or a FED Lancer
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

here's a pic take from another forum with poeple having the same problem

looks like you will need to cut down the steppers 1/16 in order to clear the gap between the MAF and the intake .
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:59 AM

Ima try to go to home depo an buy a gasket of some sort and hopefully rubber on rubber will be a solution.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

What i would be doing is talking to the manufacturer, your intake should not be giving you a CEL, if the manufacture says noting or does nothing , return it at their expense! Talk to the vendor that sold it to you if they are quiet return it at their expense!

Dont know how to do that? Call your credit card company, tell them your problem, they will reverse the charges and you will be in the favored position. this will force the vendor to respond to get the funds unfrozen, they will either work out something with you directly or they will contact the manufacturer and get them to do something.

EIther way do not modify the intake because if this fails to work and you want to return the item you may have problems.

Cheers
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:41 AM

Nah im not gonna mod that intake. I called up the guy i bought it from and talked to him. He said try that gasket idea and if it fails then they will refund it no problem.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

before u mod it u better that that guy's **** in writing!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:26 PM

Im not going to mod the intake lol. Im just going to buy a gasket and if that doesnt fix it ima just return it and maybe go with cold air intake system.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 02:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RedStar
Im not going to mod the intake lol. Im just going to buy a gasket and if that doesnt fix it ima just return it and maybe go with cold air intake system.
Did i hear CAI. GOod idea lol . good luck with the gasket bro
Old Dec 28, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm it seems alot of people are having problems with the fujita sri im deff reconsidering buying it now
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

has anyone msged Fujita and ask why their product is somewhat defective..? i was thinkin of gettin it but i doubt it now.. :-/
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Can someone with the problem do this for me . Put tuck tape around the gap on the MAF , if the SES ligth does not show up after 150 miles then the leek is coming from the gap around the MAF .
Old Dec 28, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cRc`22
has anyone msged Fujita and ask why their product is somewhat defective..? i was thinkin of gettin it but i doubt it now.. :-/
It looks somewhat defective because it was designed by idiots. Judging from the picture above, Fujita's R&D department might want to take a few CAD courses or find a machine shop with properly calibrated equipment. Granted, it's not a space shuttle component, but a gap that big is unacceptable.

I hope this isn't the case with EVERYONE'S Fujita intake. Stuff like this really pisses me off because, if they were to be bothered, it would've taken somebody at Fujita 5 seconds to figure out that there was a problem. That's it...5 seconds is all it would've taken to make this a better product. Not to mention the CVT fitment issue, which only came to light AFTER the product went to market...Oops! I'm now convinced Fujita are a bunch of dumbtarted, grabastic nitwits who don't give a damn about the products they sell. Thank the maker they don't produce headers or anything vital...there'd be people broken down by the dozens.

Can you all tell I despise laziness?

Last edited by nj_08_gts; Dec 28, 2007 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Fujita Causing SEL To Go Off