Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Alignment issue (See also: pulls to the left)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please give us an update w2choi after showing them receipts.
i got two new tires from good years, more dunloops. they didnt help =(
i had an alignment too.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by ashun22panda
please give us an update w2choi after showing them receipts.
i got two new tires from good years, more dunloops. they didnt help =(
i had an alignment too.
Hi, I havent gone to that stage yet as to show them the invoice. After the alignment yesterday, it still pulls to the left. So I called the Service Manager this morning and he told me to call Customer Relations at Mitsubishi because he said that he has done all he can as a dealership and will need further instructions from head office.

I called them and told them the issue, and he basically told me that the issue has been logged and either him or the service manger will get back to me. But he didnt say when, which sucks big time.

I'm not sure if I should go back to the dealership and talk to either the service manager or the General Manger of the dealership instead of waiting.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:58 PM

So I called the rep at Mits again and he said they are still waiting for a status with Mits regarding this issue.

I then called the service manager at my dealership and he told me that there is nothing he can do. He is also waiting for Mits for a fix with regards to this problem. He also told me that he has also filed a complaint. He said Mits Canada know of this issue and is trying to figure out a solution.

I told him about replacing the tires(told him about ppl getting new tires in the States), and he said that the tires dont fix this issue and he doesnt have the powers to give me new tires, blah blah.

So basically there isnt much I can do, but to wait. This sucks big time. Any suggestions as to what I can do next?

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hmmm well, I am guessing you will have to wait. My guess is that mitsu will come out with a camber bolt themselves and eventually fix it...hopefully before the 5 year warranty :P
Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by CamShaft
hmmm well, I am guessing you will have to wait. My guess is that mitsu will come out with a camber bolt themselves and eventually fix it...hopefully before the 5 year warranty :P
I guess so. So are you saying its not the tires thats at fault but the alignment of the car(lack adjustments)? I have heard 2 says of this and dont know which is the culprit.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by w2choi
I guess so. So are you saying its not the tires thats at fault but the alignment of the car(lack adjustments)? I have heard 2 says of this and dont know which is the culprit.

Thanks
Honestly I think its the camber. Tires...well I dunno. Its hard to say but whichever tires you have, the camber can be adjusted so there is no drift to the left.

Well right now the camber isn't adjustable unless you buy the RRM camber bolts.

I think mitsu set it up from factory thinking we have huge road crown, which sometimes, yes. But most roads are fairly flat.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by CamShaft
Honestly I think its the camber. Tires...well I dunno. Its hard to say but whichever tires you have, the camber can be adjusted so there is no drift to the left.

Well right now the camber isn't adjustable unless you buy the RRM camber bolts.

I think mitsu set it up from factory thinking we have huge road crown, which sometimes, yes. But most roads are fairly flat.
I got the 18" Dunlop tires, and more ppl that experienced the pull have these tires. Thanks for the info CamShaft.
Old May 15, 2008, 07:54 PM

Blacksheepdj if only Mitsubishi Canada and some of the dealerships had somebody like you to figure some of these things out...pathetic that Mitsubishi still hasn't come up with a soltution to this problem, yet the same customers that buy their cars seem to be putting more effort into finding a fix.
Old May 16, 2008, 01:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by GTS_666
Blacksheepdj if only Mitsubishi Canada and some of the dealerships had somebody like you to figure some of these things out...pathetic that Mitsubishi still hasn't come up with a soltution to this problem, yet the same customers that buy their cars seem to be putting more effort into finding a fix.
Always the way, sadly. Big business slaps together a product, the tuners work to improve on that...
Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:37 PM

Im considering taking legal action against Mitsubishi. Certain steps have been taken care of suggested by a lawyer.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Don't waste money on a lawyer. If it bothers you that much, go buy a Subaru.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:02 AM

what's buying a subaru going to solve? Last time I checked I bought a brand new car this year with warrenty, something that is not being honored.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 03:58 PM

*sigh*

Well looks like i'm joining the list of disappointed owners. I own an ES and my car pulls to the right. I bought the car off the showroom floor, so it came with aftermarket 18" wheels with Toyo tires. I went to the service dept today to tell them about my issue and they are saying the alignment is perfect and that it has to be the tires which they won't cover as they say they aren't the "factory" tires to which I reply "this is the way the car came off the showroom floor I've never had factory 16s". So after some more hassle i've got an appointment with the service manager tomorrow to drive it with him and go from there. I will be printing a lot of this thread out and informing them about the non-adjustable components to align our cars. If nothing is resolved tomorrow, I will be looking into the lemon process as this will be my 3rd alignment on the car.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

eh.... all cars "pull to the right" to some degree, because 90% of the roads are sloped to the right....
Old Jul 7, 2008, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Prophet_08Lance
*sigh*

Well looks like i'm joining the list of disappointed owners. I own an ES and my car pulls to the right. I bought the car off the showroom floor, so it came with aftermarket 18" wheels with Toyo tires. I went to the service dept today to tell them about my issue and they are saying the alignment is perfect and that it has to be the tires which they won't cover as they say they aren't the "factory" tires to which I reply "this is the way the car came off the showroom floor I've never had factory 16s". So after some more hassle i've got an appointment with the service manager tomorrow to drive it with him and go from there. I will be printing a lot of this thread out and informing them about the non-adjustable components to align our cars. If nothing is resolved tomorrow, I will be looking into the lemon process as this will be my 3rd alignment on the car.
18 inch rims with toyo tires isn't too shabby.

i'm pretty sure my car pulls to the right at highway speed but still very little compared to other things i've driven. also what nunyas said roads are slopd to the right so that could have an affect.

i remember a friend having a similar problem with an older dodge and they said it had something to do with the camber.

Quick Reply: Alignment issue (See also: pulls to the left)