Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Help me understand / Pulling to the left.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me understand / Pulling to the left.

http://www.mitsubishiforum.com/recal...r_2008/TSB.htm

I'm wondering what those two TSB are? Do they apply to all LANCER CARS?

what kind of problem are they? I hope someone doesn't mind explaining it to me.

As for the PULLING To the left ISSUE, I have called GOODYEAR AND DUNLOP tires to get my wheels checked out. I'm going on an appointment today. So I'll update you guys on anything.. And the YOHOKOMA or w/e it is, warrantys, i believe, is for the SPARE tire in our trunk. The warrenty for our driving wheels is goodyear and dunlop. Hope this helps someone out.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 05:21 PM

the rear door sash is an important safety recall, basically a metal track inside your rear doors is too close to the latch on the early production model lancers, under certain impact from the side this sash can pop the latch and cause your door to open creating issues for anyone in the back seat... real quick and easy replacement at your dealer... took them about an hour to replace mine

as for the other one??????
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

it was a success! taking it to your closest goodyear or dunlop dealer will help you get ONE OF YOUR tires WARRENTIED. The only dunlop tire of our lancer left are in hawaii.. odd.. you should go to your closest dealer asap. tell them the problem of pulling to the left, they will cross your tires, once they cross your tires, you car will pull to the right. it seems that the driver tire was defective. They will replace that one and see what happens from there. hope this helps.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
really? I think people have probably rotated thier tires by now, although most FWD cars you just for from front to back...I haven't tried crossing them.

Has anyone? I am sure they have but if you have found it, you are the man.

Although alignment specs are a wee bit out on camber and you need aftermarket bolts to adjust... I haven't tried myself but either way its a little insight.. and if you are right
Old Feb 23, 2008, 08:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Not much to understand.

1. The tires on the GTS are absolute s***. Not sure about the DE and ES. People who change their tires (like me) notice an instant improvement in steering.

2. Camber is non-adjustable from the factory. Your car could be "within specs" but aligned poorly (like me). Camber bolts can be purchased so that you can have the left and right sides of your car aligned to matching camber (my car is currently positive on the front left and negative on the front right, but it is within the wide berth that considers acceptable).

------------

As for the TSBs, they have nothing to do with the steering. But that's also not a complete list.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

i know the TSB has nothing to do with the pulling to the left issue sir. i was wondering if i should get my door sash checked out and how would i present the arguement. if you wouldnt mind, where is the complete list of TSB ? i'm getting the tire changed by goodyear. keep you guys updated.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Just call your dealership. Tell them you're aware of a TSB for the 2008 Lancer and you'd like to know if your car needs to be repaired. They should be able to find out very quickly.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

thank you very much =)
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

hopefully one day I will get new tires...but header and muffler first.

After all that then I can learn to drive straight with some BFgoodrich G-force KDW's for summer and something with steels for the winter, but thats big $$$$
Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

they are sending the tires to me, installing them for free too! i kind of lied about my alignment. I changed my own control arm and never aligned it back to factory. i told him i got an alignment at my dealership. lets hope they dont find out
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ashun22panda
they are sending the tires to me, installing them for free too! i kind of lied about my alignment. I changed my own control arm and never aligned it back to factory. i told him i got an alignment at my dealership. lets hope they dont find out
Nothing like admitting on the Internet that you commited fraud.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:04 AM

Has anyone had an alignment done somewhere other than their dealership? I can't stand the people at my dealership, and all of the local tire places say they can't align my car...because it isn't in their system.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 06:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by gggts
Has anyone had an alignment done somewhere other than their dealership? I can't stand the people at my dealership, and all of the local tire places say they can't align my car...because it isn't in their system.
Yes, I have. They aren't lying. It can take a while.

For what it's worth, I have the -recommended alignment settings in the first post of this thread. You could always print them out and take them in to your mechanic.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Okay. So i went back to the goodyear dealer because they have my tire! they changed the tire for me. so they replace only ONE of the defective tire. and the goodyear people test drove it. the manager of the goodyear place realize how ignorant the goodyear big bosses were to only warranty the lancer 1 wheel instead of two. the results; pulling to the left was even worst, now the manager of the goodyear place is going to call the big bosses again and have them warrenty another tire. he was such a big help. really nice guy. i feel a little guilty for lying to them that i had my alignment done already, but im going this week so the story seems true. hehe. hope this helps you guys. i'm going to update how things go once the second tire comes.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:19 AM

New tires on the way.

I went to the dealer for the 1000 miles oil change and told them about pulling to the left.
They rotated the wheels and car was pulling to the right on the test drive, service manager was driving. I told him that I'm not satisfied with the fix.
We went back to the office and he ordered a set of Pirelli P Zero's for me without any more questions asked.
I'm waiting for them to come to the dealer and have them mounted for free as well.
We'll see from that point if it did any good.

Quick Reply: Help me understand / Pulling to the left.