Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

need help on wut to do! Kamikaze headers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2003 | 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

need help on wut to do! Kamikaze headers

hey...well..here goes.

So I got my headers in four days from BigJosh on Thursday. Of course, being me, I couldn't wait to install it the next day but I had work..so I left it at a shop that installed it while I was working. So, at the end of the day I was so happy got my headers, everything is fine except for the loud exhaust now.On Saturday I started to hear an exhaust leak so I was like uh oh. I took it to a muffler shop yesturday cuz they were closed on the weekend and he said it was were the flang where the headers and downpipe connect. He said either the gasket wasn't to good or the bolts were to loose. So he tried turning the bolts and they wouldn't move an inch! So I took it back to the shop I had it installed and after an hour of trying to tighten it he said the bolts were stretched or something and he couldn't tighten and that I would have to get new bolts. He said it was cuz of the heat...its only been on for 3 days! Now, the problem, shouldn't they be paying for the bolts and not me? Also, he used an air gun to tighten the bolts...I didn't know ur supposed to use an air gun for exhaust? Wut i think he did was screw the tread up from the air gun and is trying to blame it on the heat. Wut should I do? thanks. These are kamikaze headers BTW. sorry for the long post.
Old Aug 26, 2003 | 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

contact a lawyer if you can or something who knows about law. one thing you want to not do is sue frivolously
Old Aug 26, 2003 | 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

the gasket that comes with the header is ****ty. i dont care if it is copper or not, get rid of it. as for the bolts. just cut them off and get new ones at a parts store. i cant imagine they would be more than a couple dollars.
Old Aug 26, 2003 | 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

hmm..new bolts at any hardware store? He said he needed to get special ones that cost around $20. He said the reason why the got stuck in the first place is because of heat. (he thinks anyways) The ones I need are used in turbo manifolds and shyt, w/e that means. I know my stuff but I never heard of bolts made just for a turbo mani. So, should I tell him to pay for the bolts him self....or...wut do I do?
Old Aug 26, 2003 | 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

tell him 2 pay for em heat wont do that , that quick and then tell him to pay for a new gasket while hes at it. and tell him next time to thread the bolts before using an impact gun on em 3rd he did put all bolts on including that ***** one on bot left of headers correct? did he just hand tighten or did he torque them 2 spec?
Old Aug 26, 2003 | 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, he torqued them to spec and he got that pain in the *** bolt also, he was there for 30 minutes just on that bolt..thx for the advice.