Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

HELP! Air Bag Light So I

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HELP! Air Bag Light So I

installed the Evo Recaro seats and went to the dealer like xxlancergtsxx did to have the light reset.

well the tech guy comes back and tells me he couldn't reset the light after several attempts. that he kept getting an error code "4445 OCM has mismatched VIN"...and I asked him well do you need the VIN from the evo that the seats came from and he replied that he would not know how to update/write the new vin number.

i was puzzled by his answer and then proceeded to ask him and the service manager if i were to buy a navigation system from mitsubishi they wouldn't be able to update my car for it ? and they both replied no its impossible to buy a navi from mitsubishi and put it in a GTS unless it came with it from the manufacturer. ...and thats when i knew something fishy was going on...

someone please help!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully Texas has some better dealerships that dont just hire... umm.. well hopefully there is a better dealership.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

any help much appreciated

heres what my dealer invoice says
"A Srs Light is on, customer installed new seats srs unable to clear codes 4715 Cp 1.00

4445 OCM has mismatched VIN NOT RESPONSIBLE IF AIR BAGS DO NOT DEPLOY"

and i had to pay 91.00

heres what xxlancergtsxx invoice said

"The customer states airbag light on on after replacing seats, clear codes. Diag perform system diagnostic

10011 air bag light noted concern of air bag light on found several DTC set B223D OCM DTC present- B 1206 PS ABG indicator cir open and reset. Found incorect VIN in PASS seat module- performed DIAG and RELAERN as per Mitsu DIAG- Performed seat weight relearn and cleared SET DTC- Rechecked operation 0- DTC did not reset."

he said his light is not on any more but what does "Rechecked operation 0- DTC did not reset." it says nothing about AIR BAG LIGHT Would not clear just making sure when i go back tomorrow and tell them to do this it will work.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Did you tell them what his invoice said?
Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

I just went this morning and the service person was like it cant be done. if youd like we can look at it again but its gonna cost you 85.00 again...
im not gonna sit here and argue with you, "the seat vin number is mismatched" (which is the code the car is throwing but its not the SEAT vin number its the OCM vin number). then i asked where is the OCM, both you and your tech said its in the seat right? "yes", i told her she was wrong and that the ocm is actually under the seat and is a removable replaceable part, meaning at some pt it will break and will need to be replaced, it can be done. she replied " the tech also said your seat belt sensors dont work the computer is reading them backwards"

i told her hmm lets go to my car they are working fine, start car both seatbelt lights on plug in seat belts, they go away. her response was "well the tech said that the computer said..." wow.

they ended up taking the vehicle in to service it with no charge, i gave them the info from xxlancergtsxx invoice about a seat relearn/reset and mitsubishi diagnostic so they could do it.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Wow.. so are your seats ab's working now? Pictures? I think you should certainly let Mitsu NA Corporate know about the unprofessionalism displayed at this particular dealership.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

car is still at the shop, its been about 5 hours , assuming the techs arrive around 8 its probably been more like 4 hours, no calls nothing so hopefully all is well.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Problem fixed. They did exactly what xxlancergtsxx invoice said THANKS!. LIght went out and all is good...the dealer was upset though that I proved them wrong with the help of xxlancergtsxx. They claim i no longer have warranty on my srs system, seats or srs electrical. The seats I understand but not the srs system. Believe me if i ever do need srs warranty work done they will have to prove to me that installing the seats caused the malfunction. the tech didnt even know where the occupant control module (OCM) was ! its that black box under your passenger seat wow !

also, never going to that dealer again (Lone Star Mitsubishi San Antonio, TX)
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear you got everything worked out...
Get that void in writing and call a lawyer. I'm pretty sure that they can't do that to you.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

it is pretty ridiculous, its like wow so you dont know if the airbags will go off ? hmm i sure hope no one has their OCM or SRS ECU fail and have it replaced because then no one knows about the airbags damn dealer!

its as simple as this, its an OEM part, its been calibrated, everything works, and the SRS ECU nor the OCM are throwing any codes.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

The way the SRS was explained to me, it is just the SRS that is within the seat that is questionable, and there is only a question there because only tests the lancer with the parts they put in from the factory. The rest of the system should work fine. Logically, same should hold for warranty, only the seat becomes void, not the rest of the system.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

thanks guys this will help me al lot when i go in to a dealer with my recaro seats..
Old Apr 23, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

lol does Mitsubishi have the worst dealerships of all? You could wrtie a novel with all the horror stories Mitsubishi owners face with dealerships.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 08:27 PM

in general if you put aftermarket parts on your car and if that aftermarket part causes the problem they void warrenty in that area nothing else. but i dont understand why they said srs not under warrenty. its there seats, whats the difference from a car with the package already, than buying without the package and then buy the seats(should not void warrenty). + you installed it at a dealership.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by potatos
in general if you put aftermarket parts on your car and if that aftermarket part causes the problem they void warrenty in that area nothing else. but i dont understand why they said srs not under warrenty. its there seats, whats the difference from a car with the package already, than buying without the package and then buy the seats(should not void warrenty). + you installed it at a dealership.
i installed it on my own, heh no way would i pay them what they would probably quote me as 2.5 hrs of labor to install 2 seats.

took me like an hour max half of which was spent going to the hardware store to buy the right size torx bit.

Quick Reply: HELP! Air Bag Light So I