Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Any1 Knows Whats Wrong With my car??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
sorry to go off topic... but my friend has this 2003 oldsmobile car... and everytime im waiting at a red light the car vibrates... its only when im not moving and im pushing the brakes... what could it be?
that sounds like a few pickup trucks ive driven. but for those it feels like the motor mounts arent amazing so the whole care vibrates while at a red light.

update on my car: now i hear the sound when i hit bumps and im worried it is a suspension issue. its loud enough where my girlfriend (who rolls her eyes when i talk/complain about my car ) noticed it. and for her to hear it means its noticeable.

im wondering if theres anyway the lancer could be so cheaply made that my suspension is already failing. anyone else experiencing this problem? maybe someone whos car isnt exposed to the cold im not convinced its a temperature issue
Old Dec 3, 2008, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by anbuzero
that sounds like a few pickup trucks ive driven. but for those it feels like the motor mounts arent amazing so the whole care vibrates while at a red light.

update on my car: now i hear the sound when i hit bumps and im worried it is a suspension issue. its loud enough where my girlfriend (who rolls her eyes when i talk/complain about my car ) noticed it. and for her to hear it means its noticeable.

im wondering if theres anyway the lancer could be so cheaply made that my suspension is already failing. anyone else experiencing this problem? maybe someone whos car isnt exposed to the cold im not convinced its a temperature issue
Yes to get on base here I have to go over large speed bumps and when I do the rear suspension make a very loud creaking noise.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kwelity
Yes to get on base here I have to go over large speed bumps and when I do the rear suspension make a very loud creaking noise.
hmmm, i dont think ive heard it on my rear suspension but maybe ive just been paying attention to my front end ill look out for this on my next drive. by the way whats the weather like by you? has the temperature reached below 40 since this began?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

well i guess this thread is dead... in conclusion im just gonna leave it be. maybe ill just let it fall apart and by some miracle of god Mitsubishi will warranty it and just give me a Evo lol
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
sorry to go off topic... but my friend has this 2003 oldsmobile car... and everytime im waiting at a red light the car vibrates... its only when im not moving and im pushing the brakes... what could it be?
its an automatic I assume. This could be many things, but sounds like a fuel or engine control issue, because when the car stops its still trying to turn the transmission via the torque converter and if the engine is not getting enough fuel or the right timing, it could run a bit "bogged" down or rough giving you the engine vibration problem. It is extremely difficult to diag this over the net. I suggest a mechanic as it probably won't be something you can diag. and fix yourself.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:50 PM

kk ..goin back to the original topic of this issue, i went to the dealership and they said that its the Strut Mounts need to be lubricated so then i told em if its covered by warranty to do it....mine isnt cuz i am at 26,000km now its only under 20ks.....neways BUT they can replace the whole strut mount with a brand new one to use ur basic warranty which is good i guess....so tomorrow i have an appointment with em to check it over one more time, diagnose too...and they will lubricate for now then order the part that would take a week or so ..and make another appointment to get it replaced....so its not that bad of a problem guys...lemme know wat u all guys think
Old Dec 11, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Firaso17
kk ..goin back to the original topic of this issue, i went to the dealership and they said that its the Strut Mounts need to be lubricated so then i told em if its covered by warranty to do it....mine isnt cuz i am at 26,000km now its only under 20ks.....neways BUT they can replace the whole strut mount with a brand new one to use ur basic warranty which is good i guess....so tomorrow i have an appointment with em to check it over one more time, diagnose too...and they will lubricate for now then order the part that would take a week or so ..and make another appointment to get it replaced....so its not that bad of a problem guys...lemme know wat u all guys think
well i guess thats good news of sorts, i have to go to my dealer anyways because of other issues they were supposed to have fixed last time and didnt but thanx Firaso at least now we have an idea of what it could be. but i cant figure out from ur post if u are getting them replaced for free or if ur getting charged?
Old Dec 11, 2008, 08:35 AM

if i get them replaced, its gana be brand new and yes free....if ur under 100,000Kms to cover ur warrany, its called ur Basic Warranty i believe
Old Dec 11, 2008, 03:59 PM

im having this problem tooo
and i took it in and they said nothing is wrong with it :-\
Old Dec 16, 2008, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Firaso17
let us know if it fixed the problem. I'm sick and tired of hearing it creak all the time and having multiple dealers say that "its normal". My 10yr old car doesn't even creak as badly as my lancer...
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:10 PM

I'm having a similar problem...

I bought a 2008 Lancer DE, and I've recently noticed that if I'm turning, and hit the gas it sounds like a rough grinding noise coming from the front tires ... I'm by no means turning the steering wheel all the way, and it doesn't make that noise if I don't hit the gas pedal while turning... It's only when I hit the gas while turning that I get this grinding noise. Any idea what would cause that? I don't know if it's maybe just because it's so cold (it's been a solid -30 to -35c the past few weeks).

Also getting a mean creaking sound (which sounds like it's coming from the suspension) whenever I go over any bumps, hoping that will be covered under warranty ? I'm taking it in to the dealer right away anyway as my poor car was the victim of a hit and run in a parking lot, but I figured I'd ask in hopes that I can give them an idea of what to look for, rather than just a description of a noise ... Although I'm sure they could figure it out either way.

Problems a plenty :
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:08 PM

i realized alot of things that could make ur car gives noises lately....just wait till it gets warm man.....the cold especially ur sayin around -30 degrees...thats crazy ...it needs lubrication most of the time from creaking or clickin noises.....its just tooo cold that dries off the grease ...my problem they said u need lubrication in the strut mounts OR replace it ...which is covered b ur waranty depending wat is still on warranty...neways bout the bumps noise u get i have no idea about that..........the cold for sure makes weird noises lately...last night it got here -18 degrees and my car said that i got low tire pressure...like wow.....i warmed the car up and drove it for 15-20 minutes till that tire pressure msg went away....
Old Jan 19, 2009, 09:14 AM

Thumbs down Creaking

Mine does it too. 2008 Lancer SE (ES with GTS body additions) ...

Creaking noises when making low speed turns in parking lots.
(no brakes, not in gear, so 100% sure its suspension/steering column/etc.)

Also a louder/scraping noise when front passenger side of car dips down.
Brought to dealer, they didn't have any clue/couldn't even reproduce the noises...
said everything was great, they tugged on all the axels, sway bars, tie rods/etc, and nothing out of the ordinary... checked ball joints, nothing.

Lubed everything up, took me out in the car... no noise... couple hours later, pick up the GF at work, and the noises are back. Noise seems to only happen when I have a passenger, and it's been wet outside.. ever since it started making the noises.

I'm thinking its suspension bushings for the creaking noises... but no ideas yet.
Anyone know if mitsubishi used polyurethane bushings instead of rubber? (highly doubt it.)
Old Jan 19, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

im gonna go to the dealer soon because my car is to the point where any bump, any full turn and anything involving the front suspension creaks loud. its seriously pathetic that all of us have the same problem and hasnt a damn clue how to treat it.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaMizZa
I bought a 2008 Lancer DE, and I've recently noticed that if I'm turning, and hit the gas it sounds like a rough grinding noise coming from the front tires ... I'm by no means turning the steering wheel all the way, and it doesn't make that noise if I don't hit the gas pedal while turning... It's only when I hit the gas while turning that I get this grinding noise. Any idea what would cause that? I don't know if it's maybe just because it's so cold (it's been a solid -30 to -35c the past few weeks).
I have the same sort of grinding noise while under acceleration. Mine does it sometimes when I turn sometimes just going straight down the road. Whenever I let off the throttle, the sound goes away. I happened to have my dad with me driving around one day and he heard it too. He said that it could be a problem with the differential or transmission, possibly the thrust bearing, but no real way to find out till the part actually fails and starts making a lot more noise. For now i just ignore it and i'm waiting till it actually becomes a real problem.