Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Strange engine noise - '08 GTS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, 4's are usually a lot some what louder...But this is ridiculous!! Sounds worse than a diesel....

Anywho, just came back from the dealer....... Of course they couldn't re-create the "no start probelm"... Go figure... The relays were already the updated version, and they said the same thing they always do... But i insisted, saying that everytime i bring it in i mention this issue.... Of course you can't re-create it because it happens speratically, It's happening more frequent and something needs to be done with it... So on Monday, it will sit at the shop for a couple days, they are providing a Loner (Maybe an evo or the new Ralli Art ) Maqybe they can find the issue

On Another Note, My Aux heat pump or something of the sort, seized up.. thats why i have no heat... It is being replaced on monday as well.

Time for a new car...............................
Old Mar 13, 2009, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by mattstyle11
wow, i have my share of problem, recent one is after starting the car and letting it idle, my car will make a ticking noise for like 2 min, stop for about 30 secs then it will tick again and so on, took it to the mechanic and said it was normal but it just started happening in oct, any ideas about the ticking noise?

--------------------------

It fixes it for a while but, the issue comes back again. I'm actually taking mine to the dealer at 11:30 this morning because of that specific issue (along with my grocery list of problems). I had the PCM re-flashed a couple months ago.. well maybe October.. it solved the issue i suppose for a couple months. Now it's happening more frequently and I'm not the type that will bring in a car for ever little squeak or rattle. I may mention it along with whatever else needs to be fixed and see where it lands me. However, this has to be the 10th time this hard starting has happened since the PCM was re-flashed.... Enough is enough! Its so embarasing and ridiculous that a car with 14K on the clock has problems being started.... Followed by the irratic idle in addition to the loud exhaust/ rattling exhaust start-up noise.( you know what i mean) I suppose it reflects nicley on the people standing around you at the time.... Makes them really want a Mitsu....

Try turning your AC off or your heat down? It's whatever controls either function that's 'ticking' on and off. Most cars do it.. You just can't hear it on all of them.

The only real problems I'm having with the car is that freakin' belt noise. That and I -think- I can hear the baffles in my cat starting to rattle a little bit. Time for a new high-flow to replace the stock one I guess. I have a bit of a hesitation every now and then when in normal D mode around 2k on the tac but it doesn't bother me too much.

The dealership doesn't like it when I come in 'cause I was in about three times a week chasing that damned alignment issue that causes the car to pull to the left. It eventually got to the point where the Mistu warranty rep came down from Raliegh to look at it himself. Of course.. They cornered me in the lobby and snagged the car to throw it up on a lift. It was on a lift for like 20 minutes and now, mysteriously, there's no more pulling to the left. I said whatever though.. If they finally fixed it, good on them, as long as I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Other than that.. I don't have any real issues with the car. What year is yours?
Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:28 AM

You are talking about when the Climate control is swtiched to the defrost mode... I'm not talking about the "click" noise it makes when the AC compressor is running. Yes, the AC compressor still turns on regardless whether the actual button is pressed. But only on defrost and defrost/floor. However, im not talking about the click sound regarding the AC compressor and it makes no difference what the temp setting is at, the only time the AC compressor comes on is if the compressor is engaged manually (the button) or setting the duct's to any of the defrost modes.......

It's a constant thing/ speratic slew of odd noises when engine is running and all accessorys are off......

I havnt even mentioned how my side skirts look to the dealer, need to take of these mechanical problems first, physical appearance later... If ikeep it that long....

mine is an 08 built : 11/27/07

Mine is an 08, and it has been confirmed that the AUX heat pump died.