Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2009 GTS Front Emblem

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 GTS Front Emblem

Hi;

I'm planning to remove the fron Emblem on my GTS to replace with the Colt-Speed Emblem. Are there anyone knows how to remove the front Emblem...??

Many Many Thanks...!!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

yep, just pulls right off. it uses double sided tape to stick on. use a knife though to slide under it and "pry" it off, but be careful...i broke mine. luckily i like the look
Old Apr 2, 2009, 09:34 PM

I've actually been thinking of doing this for awhile too! I want to change both the front and the back but it's the front that's abit worrying since I don't know if there's a way. The logo doesn't seem to fit right over the triangle where the diamonds are sitting now. Could you perhaps update us when either of you do it and show what it looks like?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

hee~ I'm a bit worry for the front... so I only order the one for the back...^^"

I will post some picture when I'm done..^^
Old Apr 3, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ofey
I've actually been thinking of doing this for awhile too! I want to change both the front and the back but it's the front that's abit worrying since I don't know if there's a way. The logo doesn't seem to fit right over the triangle where the diamonds are sitting now. Could you perhaps update us when either of you do it and show what it looks like?
i cant show you...i broke mine in the process of taking it off. but that was probably because i rushed. you can do it with patience and a knife to help unstick it from the plastic. really, all it is is double sided tape.

I was going to paint it flat black anyways to match my bumper, so it looks alright with no emblem at all, because behind the emblem, the plastic is raised to conform to the emblem, so there are still 3 diamonds lol good luck
Old Apr 3, 2009, 09:48 AM

Best way I was thinking was, buying RRM's front grill replacement and put the colt speed emblem there.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

If you heat up the 3m tape that helps a lot then stick like a criditcard or some thing hard to take off for the back but for the front you could use a knife
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

for removing the rear use fishing line. It will be able to get close to the paint and not damage anything. for the front im not sure but do it on a warm day when the sun has been on the front of the car for a while and it should be easier to get it off. warm day applies to both front and rear.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for all of you.... seem like warm day with sun is the key... then I properly wait until Summer.... it's still cold in Vancouver ...^^"
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kiioichy_EvoIII
Best way I was thinking was, buying RRM's front grill replacement and put the colt speed emblem there.

That's a solution.... but it cost over $2XX..... kinda too much for solving the emblem problem.. ^^
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Stuntfly02
for removing the rear use fishing line. It will be able to get close to the paint and not damage anything. for the front im not sure but do it on a warm day when the sun has been on the front of the car for a while and it should be easier to get it off. warm day applies to both front and rear.
exactly what I was going to suggest, or for heat use a heat gun..I have never used a heat gun near paint so it might be stupid to do so, but ive read that is an option for days when its cold.

Just putting that out there, if anyone has used it a heat gun or know more about it then correct me.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatthew
exactly what I was going to suggest, or for heat use a heat gun..I have never used a heat gun near paint so it might be stupid to do so, but ive read that is an option for days when its cold.

Just putting that out there, if anyone has used it a heat gun or know more about it then correct me.
Iforgot to say you can use a blow dryer also instead of the heat gun like the guy above said that's what I did to my lancer emblem and just go to an auto part store and get some goo gone to remove any sticky stuff that is left
Old Apr 6, 2009, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does this emblem look like? Can someone post a pic.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

There we go... I ordered the front emblem... waiting for it to ship over....^^"

Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
use zip ties its better than a knife and you wont scratch up the grille

Quick Reply: 2009 GTS Front Emblem