Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Gauges Dont Light up!!!!???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2003, 10:50 PM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges Dont Light up!!!!???

K guys, I have a very weird problem...

I recently got OZ Gauges for my ES, but Im real tired of looking at the red gauges when I have no red in my car at all... so I decide to sway the "condom" things from the ES gauges to the OZ ones. I did it without a problem... but when I put the gauges back in my car, they wouldnt light up!! I mean, all the turnsignal lights, high beam, check engine lights and stuff all work, but the gauge bulbs themselves as well as the needles no longer light up!

Did a wire come loose? Please help!! I also tried the ES gauges and same thing - everything works but the needles and the gauge bulbs. I checked the fuse and its fine....
Old Oct 12, 2003, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

you checked the dimmer switch right? my freinds car did that and he would wiggle the dimmer switch and they would flicker back on.
and check your fuses.<-------------more than likely your problem if your ES gauges wount work.
and on a totally unrelated note, do you have a pic of the Evolution VIII "Endurance" FB for $550 + shipping!
Old Oct 13, 2003, 12:06 AM
In Timeout

Yup, I checked the dimmer right away - that was my first thought. If I remember correctly, the dimmer doesnt control the needles anyways. Like I said before, I checked all my fuses... but, Now Im thinking I must have missed 1 or 2 because the last time I armed my alarm tonight, I noticed that the passenger side front and rear light didnt flash like normal. Im wondering what this all means... hmmm. I'll recheck my fuses tomorrow, but in the meantime, anyone else have any ideas?

Also, the Endurance bumper is for the Evo VIII, there is a thread about it in the Evo Show and Shine section if you'd like to take a look.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

i'll bet it's your fuse as well, the same thing happened to me where one whole side of my car didn't flash lights...and if i remember correctly my gauges didn't light up as well also
Old Oct 13, 2003, 01:20 AM
In Timeout

Sweet... to save time do you know if the fuse was under the hood or inside the car?? I guess if I dont get a reply I'll just recheck them all again tomorrow...
Old Oct 13, 2003, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Under the hood. I had a problem with that when I wired in my bumper lights. Blew the fuse for the left bumper and the gauge cluster. Fun times at night, I tell ya.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 05:29 PM

as far as the dimmer switch goes, it does control the needles. my gauges and needles didn't light up at one time and it was b/c the dimmer switch was unplugged. as for the fuse, im pretty sure ghostrider is right.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 11:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If the dimmer switch isn't plugged in (I've done this a few times) your gauges won't light at all either. Just a head's up.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 12:53 AM
In Timeout

turned out it was the fuse...Im still not sure how I missed it, but obviously I did! Anyways, thanks guys