Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

AC/heat stuck, won't move. Sun roof problem too.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I built the cable myself with a lanyard kit I use frequently in the navy. I also took apart my entire dash just to learn how to do it for future upgrades and cleaned out every nook and cranny i could find. But a little stiff metal cable and a couple connectors with some pliers should replace it just fine. I dont know how long it will last compared to the stock one but it works right now... Sorry for not explaining everything in detail. Which is something i should get used to on boards like this....
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brutus.nova
I built the cable myself with a lanyard kit I use frequently in the navy. I also took apart my entire dash just to learn how to do it for future upgrades and cleaned out every nook and cranny i could find. But a little stiff metal cable and a couple connectors with some pliers should replace it just fine. I dont know how long it will last compared to the stock one but it works right now... Sorry for not explaining everything in detail. Which is something i should get used to on boards like this....
Np bro. I'm going to mitsu on monday, either way, I'll get one. I think i found the part on a mitsu parts website, but it says its only 4.50$ which does not seem right. We'll see come monday.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey if that ends up being the right part. let me know what the part # is so i can go order one before my jimmy rig of a cable breaks...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brutus.nova
Hey if that ends up being the right part. let me know what the part # is so i can go order one before my jimmy rig of a cable breaks...
Theres a mitsu dealer near my moms Work, she stopped by and the part was $8.50 and it will be here thursday. I'll ask my mom if she knew the part #, but she said the guy knew what she was talking about right away.

I'll let you know if this solves the problem thursdayish.