Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

shake

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shake

so when i get to 60 mph and up my steering wheel has a vibration and shakes a little. the guy at the shop said its probably a belt in the tire. he checked the balance and it was good. i also noticed it veers to the right slightly. what do you think,... alignment, ti rods,....??? any other suggestions for them to look into so i can get this resolved. oh and it doesnt do it until close to 60 mph. when i get to 70-75 mph the steering wheel really gets going.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:20 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

id say get an alignment , might need some new inner and outer tie rods. the other thing it could be is a bearing in the hub could be gone or going.

josh
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:23 AM

yeah i know they will do the alignment for free for sure and i would think they would fix the rest on them cause i told them about the shake prior to the buy and they said they would fix it. I told them as long as it is in the writing then its good. anyways it has its 30 day dealer waranty AND the manufacturers waranty on it still. 06 with 29,000 miles.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like an alignment to me.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 03:14 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

if you put the car up on jack stands can you move the wheel (side to side like make it wobble?)?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 06:12 AM

So there was an alignment problem. The driver side rear was off and the driver side front was off. So it fixed the pull. while it was on the lift i asked the dealer to let me look at the car and so we went in. the mechanic was a differant guy than the last one and he seemed more with it. lol. he said the alignment was fixed and he was going to rebalance the tires. 3 of them balanced good but then he got to that right rear and it spun really off. i spoke up first and said that the rim looked bent. he agreed and we measured it and indeed it was bent.

the dealer looked at the mechanic and said can it be bent back? the mechanic said it didnt look like it could but he would try. So we went back into the office and he said that he doesnt think they will pay for a new rim. i told them before i bought it that it shook and they said they would fix it and i had it in writing and he got the manager and he said a deals a deal and got me a new rim. whats better is the mechanic did fix the rim and told me to come back after 5pm and he would have a tire on it!!!!! so now i got a new rim and a full size spare AND the car now drives like a dream. It was funny how i never felt that off rim in the seat though. the mechanic said he had a hard time figuring if it was a balance or something else cause he felt no bounce in the seat either. oh well i guess it all turned out well .