Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Too Hard on the Little Lancer.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Hard on the Little Lancer.

Eight months into owning my Lancer ES, a dreadful noise abrupts from my little 2.0. Have I been pushing it too hard? Racing too much? Mountains too much for this to handle? What ever it is, the top left corner of the block under the plastic is making a sound which sounds internal. It sounds almost as if a bearing went out. The sound would come on occasionally when idling and just be like a constant clicking noise. Now, it is on all the time only to be heard when the hood is open. I called the dealership (**** mitsu sucks) and they said to bring it in. I'll be bringing it in today. Maybe they'll junk the little thing and give me an evo

This pretty much decides it. This car CANNOT handle a turbo. This is my second car and I agree that I am not the easiest driver on the car but it should be able to handle a few high RPM shifts. We'll see what it is, i highly doubt it wasn't from being run too hard. I've kept up on maintenance well and the only mods are RRM SRI and Magnaflow Catback.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:24 PM

So took it in, Mitsubishi actually wasn't too bad. Test drove it, looked at it for about thirty minutes and claimed that a valve had gone bad. After going in, they said the casing around the valve had been blown and was rattling around within the housing. They replaced it and had it done by the end of the day, too bad by the time I got there they had left and the salesman couldn't get my key. Now I gotta drive down there during the snow storm tomorrow, bastards. At least they didn't charge me anything!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LancerJunkie
So took it in, Mitsubishi actually wasn't too bad. Test drove it, looked at it for about thirty minutes and claimed that a valve had gone bad. After going in, they said the casing around the valve had been blown and was rattling around within the housing. They replaced it and had it done by the end of the day, too bad by the time I got there they had left and the salesman couldn't get my key. Now I gotta drive down there during the snow storm tomorrow, bastards. At least they didn't charge me anything!
Glad to hear it wasn't anything too bad. Hey that's what the warranty is for.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:17 PM

I hear a clicking noise from my engine when my car is on and sitting there. i am the new owner to my 09 lancer i got it with 25k miles..could i have the same problem..
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by MitsuLancer00
I hear a clicking noise from my engine when my car is on and sitting there. i am the new owner to my 09 lancer i got it with 25k miles..could i have the same problem..
It can't hurt to call a dealership or take it to one. Everything should still be under warranty so you should be okay. I've never heard of this problem until now but if you have them look at it that should shed some light on what's wrong.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Coriggs
It can't hurt to call a dealership or take it to one. Everything should still be under warranty so you should be okay. I've never heard of this problem until now but if you have them look at it that should shed some light on what's wrong.
you will hear a slight clicking noise from the injectors. If it is noticeably worse and also heard on acceleration and cruising speed, then this might be your valve set.

The thing is, Mitsubishi might pop the valve cover and find nothing wrong mechanically other than an adjustment. If this is the case then it wouldn't be warranty.

Talk to the service adviser and address your concerns and see what he says after hearing your engine.