Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Squeaky Suspension in low mileage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Squeaky Suspension in low mileage

09 GTS Stock suspension system. 22000 miles.

When I drive over sharp bumps, the rear right suspension will make a loud squeaky sound. Anyone have experience with this?

Also, I have CAI and Catback. HID. Will this affect my warranty? I mean if I take it to the dealer to take a look, it should be covered warranty still. But those bastards might argue...

CAI and Catback shouldn't affect the suspension system at all. How should I tell them if they want to argue that my CAI and catback voids the warranty?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For suspension none of these other should be looked at , the only one i can think of is maybe the exhaust is making the squeak by rubbing something ?
Try and (When exhaust is cool to the touch of course ) moving the exhaust back and forth and see if the noise could be created . Also it wouldn't hurt going down there and taking a look . If not just go to the dealership , none of your mods should they blame with your mods .

Good luck .

-Antonio
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Solofantasy

When I drive over sharp bumps, the rear right suspension will make a loud squeaky sound. Anyone have experience with this?

Also, I have CAI and Catback. HID. Will this affect my warranty? I mean if I take it to the dealer to take a look, it should be covered warranty still. But those bastards might argue...

CAI and Catback shouldn't affect the suspension system at all. How should I tell them if they want to argue that my CAI and catback voids the warranty?
you have to make a video. its hard for us to understand what the nature of the problem is. You should also have someone outside the car as you go over a bump as you drive by to hear where exactly its coming from. If your suspension has a problem and its under warranty then take it in. If they give you problems about your exhaust and intake. Write down their name. and also have them put it in your invoice. Then Mail that in to head office. They can not harrass you over things like that. and they can get in trouble for it. regardless of what state they operate in.

If they give you problems, email me evosoul.com@evosoul.com
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Solofantasy

I have looked into this as I have the same problem. The only answers I could find from both online research and a visit to the dealership was that our lancers come equipped with squeaky shocks and suspension. It's annoying like none other.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most likely the sway bar bushings. I got used to it, but you could try to find some urethane bushings.