Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Fuse location help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse location help

So I replaced all of my gauge cluster bulbs as some were out. They were working fine, now all of the gauge lights are out, as well as the ashtray and cigg lighter bulbs. Gauges are functioning otherwise. Looked under the dash at the 7.5amp fuse for what looked to be the gauges and it's not blown. Any other ideas on what other fuses might be causing the problem? Stereo and above clock are working fine. I have a 2006 Lancer ES.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you check the gauges before you put everything away? If you don't have the lights in right they wont turn on. Have you tried flipping them yet? IDK what to say about the cig lighter tho.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:16 PM

Yeah, I checked. Has to be a fuse I would think. Just trying to find it. None of the ones under the hood are bad. I checked a few under the driver dash that seemed like they could have something to do with the gauges and interior lights but to no avail. The fuses under the drivers dash are hard to reach. My dome light works, my stereo works and my digital clock works. Only the larger 24 type gauge bulbs are not working. Switched them around with nothing. The smaller bulbs for turn signals, and warning lights are working. Just not the main gauge bulbs. Also again the ashtray light is out and the cig bulb is out. Cigarette lighter itself works. Do the dimmer assemblies/switch go out often on these cars?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:30 PM

Ahh forgot to mention the HVAC lighting is out too. I know it's not the bulbs because I checked all of the bulbs. I can't imagine I fried the gauge circuit board since some of the lights are working (smaller warning lights) and the the spedo, Tac and odometer is working, just not lit.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dimmer switch hasn't given me problems. I'm sure it is a fuse. Its likely one of the ones under the dash tho. Did you pull all of them and look? I would just replace them while your at it.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:57 PM

They're such a ***** to get to. That's why I was trying to single some out before just pulling them all. But that's the direction I'm headed. Thanks for helping!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:36 PM

Well I just knuckled up and replaced every single fuse. None of them looked bad, but the passenger side tail light fuse ended up being the problem. All fixed.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was going to mention if you had working taillights but just now seen this thread. Alot of vehicles have the dash lights and tail lights going through the same fuse
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 03lances
I was going to mention if you had working taillights but just now seen this thread. Alot of vehicles have the dash lights and tail lights going through the same fuse
Yeah, the taillights were working fine oddly. But that fuse was the issue.