Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need some help

First off, I'm starting a thread because the sticky on squeak complaints haven't been updated since July and I'm not sure if I'll get a response anytime soon. So before you need to ask, I have a 5spd 02 OZ with 75k miles and dropped on Ksports kontrol pros.

Ok, I'm having a couple of issues right now. At least 3 have been noticeable within the past month or so. I'm usually just a lurker here because I usually find what I'm searching for but in this case, I'm really stumped on my finding. So here goes...

1. First problem. My front left (driver side) makes really weird periodical squeaks as I'm driving straight. The squeaks picks up faster as I accelerate. Not only that, but whenever I turn right, it makes a horrible screeching noise, much less grinding, more of a loud metal to metal contact screeching. The passenger side has no such noises compared to the driver side.

(My thoughts) I changed my brake rotors and pads to cross drilled slotted (on sale) and changed my driver side CV axle as to the case that it ONLY screeched when turning right (CV joint was toast). My car is sitting on Ksport kontrol pros and it seems like it's still doing it's job. I did a routine hub/wheel bearing check and it seems fine. Even with all the changes, it's still as loud as if I didn't do jack.

2. Second problem. I have upgraded my motor mounts to RRM's polyurethane as for when I used to autoX. Now, it's makes a really loud metal to metal type of vibration noise at CERTAIN rpms. It usually is very loud with my A/C on (I know with motor mounts, having the A/C on pretty much feels like it shakes the whole car) but ONLY at idle. When I'm driving, it makes a really loud "chatter" only when I reach at about 2k rpm.

(My thoughts) loose bolts and nuts holding the mount and frame. Double and triple checked them, and tightened with lock tite. Still makes a mess of noise.

3. Third and final problem. Rear end squeaks. Happened only when hitting small bumps on the road. Can barely hear it from the driver seat but with me drunk last night, girlfriend drove me home and I noticed it as she was hitting some potholes.

(My thoughts) I've adjusted my Ksports to multiple dampers to determine if the squeaks would react differently to ride bounce but it seems that it's not my suspensions, but something else.

Any leads to what is going on with these 3 problems would greatly help. I've been a member here for a long time, and I'm sure some people here still remember me from my past projects. Damn I miss this forum

Last edited by Puerto_reCOn; Sep 25, 2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by puerto_recon
first off, i'm starting a thread because the sticky on squeak complaints haven't been updated since july and i'm not sure if i'll get a response anytime soon. So before you need to ask, i have a 5spd 02 oz with 75k miles and dropped on ksports kontrol pros.

Ok, i'm having a couple of issues right now. At least 3 have been noticeable within the past month or so. I'm usually just a lurker here because i usually find what i'm searching for but in this case, i'm really stumped on my finding. So here goes...
1. First problem. My front left (driver side) makes really weird periodical squeaks as i'm driving straight. The squeaks picks up faster as i accelerate. Not only that, but whenever i turn right, it makes a horrible screeching noise, much less grinding, more of a loud metal to metal contact screeching. The passenger side has no such noises compared to the driver side.

my money is on your dust sheild rubbing your rotor it will cause one hell of a noise ask me how i know

(my thoughts) i changed my brake rotors and pads to cross drilled slotted (on sale) and changed my driver side cv axle as to the case that it only screeched when turning right (cv joint was toast). My car is sitting on ksport kontrol pros and it seems like it's still doing it's job. I did a routine hub/wheel bearing check and it seems fine. Even with all the changes, it's still as loud as if i didn't do jack.

2. Second problem. I have upgraded my motor mounts to rrm's polyurethane as for when i used to autox. Now, it's makes a really loud metal to metal type of vibration noise at certain rpms. It usually is very loud with my a/c on (i know with motor mounts, having the a/c on pretty much feels like it shakes the whole car) but only at idle. When i'm driving, it makes a really loud "chatter" only when i reach at about 2k rpm.

(my thoughts) loose bolts and nuts holding the mount and frame. Double and triple checked them, and tightened with lock tite. Still makes a mess of noise.

have you checked your exhaust manifold heat sheild lately could have loose bolts and could be rattling? What you describe is definately something loose rattling on the engine somewhere

3. Third and final problem. Rear end squeaks. Happened only when hitting small bumps on the road. Can barely hear it from the driver seat but with me drunk last night, girlfriend drove me home and i noticed it as she was hitting some potholes.

(my thoughts) i've adjusted my ksports to multiple dampers to determine if the squeaks would react differently to ride bounce but it seems that it's not my suspensions, but something else.

i would take some compressed air (not from a can but from a compressor lol) and blow the hell out of everything back at the rear wheels as dust can get up there and make stuff squeak like hell. Also look all around there for pieces that look like theyve worn down maybe something has shifted and is rubbing

any leads to what is going on with these 3 problems would greatly help. I've been a member here for a long time, and i'm sure some people here still remember me from my past projects. Damn i miss this forum :d
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Thanks for the input.

I have Q-tip cleaned my entire brake/hub assembly with brakecleen as well as blow compressed air to get whatever contaminants out. To no avail, the noise is still there.

I have upgraded 4-2-1 headers on and I don't have a heat shield on. I'm most certain it is the metal bracket that connects from my motor mount to my motor because I just stuck a pry bar in between and tried to wedge them apart. To my success, the noise stopped. Thinking to get some rubber washers and redo my mounts but I'm alittle lazy at the moment

Found out that a couple of bushing in the rear are almost completely f*cked. Mutilated beyond recognition. Gonna pick up a pair of ES end link bushings and retro fit it on the there.

Other than that, the squeaks in the front driver side is still there. I'm gonna murder someone.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Bump TTT
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:39 AM

hi everyone im kinda new to this forum stuff an this is my first mitsubishi an i was wondering if anyone can help me or direct me to another forum to where they can explain to me exactly whats wires to hook to ignition (green) wire an the power (white) wire for a set of spyder fog lights i got for my 04 lancer es. cause the directions they give arent the best instructions for someone whos a novice to this aftermarket stuff lol=) any help will be appreciated.