Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Strange pod filter noise

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange pod filter noise

Hi,

I recently had a new cat-back (cat -> resonator -> muffler) exhaust and SRI installed into my 05 Lancer.

I've found though that when I accerlate in the low revs that the pod filter seems to be making a strange noise. I can only compare it to sounding like a stone/piece of metal rattling in a pipe. It does not happen while the car is stationary and I rev.

I'm pretty sure it's not a stone or piece of metal but have checked to make sure it is secured nice and tight as I thought it could be hitting something like the hood or other engine part.

The SRI is a Simota pod filter with a carbon fiber heat shield. The piping from the pod filter to the engine has not be changed to aluminium yet so that part is still stock.

So any ideas what the issue could be?

On another note regarding the exhaust... it's loud... to loud to me, I put the silencer in just to quieten it down but now it doesn't sound as clean. What would I be better off putting in another resonator or another muffler so I don't have to use the silencer?

I'll try and get some pics up tonight as that may help...

Cheers,

Sanzie
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump for interest,

But I'm pretty sure it's the filter I have on, it's not what I would call a full pod filter like a K&N, it's more of a half pod as in not the same length. Either way I'm going to replace it with a K&N and the custom piping.

Also going to chuck another muffler in to quiten it down without having to use a silencer.