Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Heeeeelp installing projector headlight with hid

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Heeeeelp installing projector headlight with hid

Hi every one .. That's my first post here I didn't want to post till I get my car all way done but I have big problem with head lights
I purchased spyder smoked headlight with halo and 6000 k hid preinstalled . I purchased them from prolab tuning and I bought warning canceler with them and my car is lancer 2008 gts
Well I installed them my self ... I didn't unplug the battery though I don't know if it will do any difference ... The light was working fine and I love they way they look like and they came as plug and play no need to wire or figure any thing except wiring the halo with led light
The light should be working like that
Position 1 off
Position 2 holo and led running light
Position 3 hid on
Like I'm saying the light came already ready to plug in and i don't know much about harness or relay stuff .. It plugged in directly to the lights blug in and i didn't have to wire anything to battery or anything .. Well I worked on it for 6 hours taking bumper off and installing then but bumper back on... Right after I put the bumper on I started the car to find every thing is messed up ..
Position 1 hid on
Position 2 every thing on
Position 3 every thing is on
I donnu what happened and the left light is flickering and I feel that it's not full powered as it's dim comparing to 6000 k .... I worked on it next morning and took the bumper off then every thing worked fine with out doing any thing .. Turned car off and then on and every thing messed up again .. Tried to fix it and it worked .. I drove the car and when I stopped I went out to look at it and it's missed up again .. I unplugged the battery for 1 hour ... No luck and halo and hid Are not bright enough.. And some times 3 or 4 of the led running light on the right side don't work then they work later... I'm getting crazy please help ..
Old Feb 4, 2012, 02:40 PM

63 views and no answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i went home now and unpluged the battery and unpluged all cables for headlight for 1 hour.. as some friends told me.. when i put back on and the car is on but engine is off it works like it's suposed to be (except one of the led is not working) .. when i turn the engine on every thing miss up again
Old Feb 4, 2012, 03:23 PM

any suggestions?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Compare the lights and harness to your stock lights - the HID should be running of your low beams (outside headlights), the halo should be off your marker lights (those little ones up in the top corners of your lights. As long as you have those wired correctly, there should be no problem.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Swap the wires from your plug and play light to different pin locations. They put them in the wrong pin locations. You will need a very fine needle point terminal removal tool to do this. Be gentle as to not wreck the plug.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:19 AM

If you don't know how to relocate pins, I suggest not attempting, but finding a shop with a skilled electrician to do, cuz messing up the harness, pins, or wiring, it'll take a lot more work than just spending a few extra bucks.