Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

check engine light

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you paid a few hundred for an ecu reflash to get rid of a CEL code?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer101
yes it was the reflash that made the code go away
You obviously don't know what a flash is bro. Do things right the first time.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02
So you paid a few hundred for an ecu reflash to get rid of a CEL code?
Knocking down a house to fix a leaky faucet.

I'd still like to see pics of this setup, though. And also where he got the flash from?
Old May 1, 2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Panis
You obviously don't know what a flash is bro. Do things right the first time.
obv mad car still running fine seen the small gain in hp n gas milage drove all day yesterday non stop for most part no issues no codes didnt pay a dime for reflash as i have a freind with the equipment

Old May 1, 2012, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Ok well if you didn't have a friend that can reflash your car you would have paid a few hundred to get a CEL code removed. Idiotic. Instead of paying up to a few
hundred for the correct intake for the vehicle. And because we think you are being dumb you think we are mad? We are trying to educate you. You are not always
going to have a friend that can fix something for free. That is why there are companies that make parts like this. And usually have much better results than just
adding a filter. The part of the intake system that totally sucks and kills flow is still there in your setup, hell even in mine since i got RRMs V1 intake. Get a real intake
then have your friend retune it, you will see much better results.

Last edited by Stuntfly02; May 1, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old May 1, 2012, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not the most elegant solution - simple, though. What is the filter/MAF housing supported with? It looks like it's just hanging there...
Old May 1, 2012, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Stuntfly02
Ok well if you didn't have a friend that can reflash your car you would have paid a few hundred to get a CEL code removed. Idiotic. Instead of paying up to a few
hundred for the correct intake for the vehicle. And because we think you are being dumb you think we are mad? We are trying to educate you. You are not always
going to have a friend that can fix something for free. That is why there are companies that make parts like this. And usually have much better results than just
adding a filter. The part of the intake system that totally sucks and kills flow is still there in your setup, hell even in mine since i got RRMs V1 intake. Get a real intake
then have your friend retune it, you will see much better results.
wrong again just cause u may not have the friends i do dont mean i paid for it lol only thing i spent money on was my filter so stop trying to argue the fact that this works n is a simple use for those that cant adford a intake off a site. and im fine with the results of it as its helped my gas milage already and its works fine for me. i dont need to spend money if its doing its job its ment to do people will always find cheap ways that work so get over it lol cars are ment to be tinkered with to learn new things.

nothing supporting it as its pretty stiff n short enough to where its not touching anything i do have a metal braket made tho to bolt on from the old intake to go under for support when i get to it

Last edited by lancer101; May 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Reread what was typed. IF, i said IF you didn't have someone that could do it for free you would have paid a few hundred to get it reflashed by someone. Which is stupid. Not everyone has a friend that can flash their car, not just me, so this is not a simple use to anything. And what I stated in the entire bottom part of what you quoted is still true. That rubber flex tube going down to the intake manifold is the worst part of the intake system. Which is why all current aftermarket intakes remove that section. It KILLS airflow. Nobody said what you did with the reflash didn't work or is arguing against that fact. What is being said is it's not the best solution. If you don't want people to comment on what you do, don't post in a forum.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer101
obv mad car still running fine seen the small gain in hp n gas milage
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAIxeQUSg-Q
Unless you get a Cold air intake you wont get real gains.
Old May 6, 2012, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Also, a re flash may have worked now...why, because a re flash clears codes while reprogramming the eng ecu. The problem may still come up in the future. What you want to do, if there is an option. Is a re-learn data for the eng ECU to take the modified junk you did work.

Honestly, can you said backyard?! That's crap man. Sorry but get a brain and buy the proper parts.

Take this advice from a master technician....
Old May 11, 2012, 11:15 PM
Balls of Steel

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Guys--play nice in here. These folks are trying to point out what you did wrong to throw the CEL as politely as possible--let's not devolve this into a flame war.

And yes, OP, get the proper parts for your car next time. It'll run better and save you a bunch of trouble.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wasn't trying to flame anyone, just have to educate people to do things the proper way and only take shortcuts if you are very experienced and know it will work properly. I guess I could have been a little nicer. Sorry! No harm meant, but please do things the right way. I see too many truck drivers/ want to be mechanics messing up stuff that I have to fix. I wish people that have no idea would leave the stuff to the pros.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:25 AM

That filter is crap, I currently have it on my 09 Lancer, got it for only 50 bucks from a friend since he took it out and bought an Evo, and the MAF sensor was giving off all sorts of codes.

Sounds nice because it'll give off a more aggressive tone. But I'm gonna go back to my K/N Drop-in filter. Definitely will be doing the Negative terminal disconnect.

Is it true that its reccomended to do the 15/15/15 sequence? (15 idle, 15 passive driving, 15 aggressive driving) Dunno if it makes any difference in knowing that it is M/T .

Cheers.