Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Evolution front on Lancer es 2003

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution front on Lancer es 2003

Hi im new here and i just wanted opinions and any advice would be helpful. i was thinking of throwing on a body kit onto my 2003 es lancer and i have been looking around for bumpers and hoods and i found this for my bumper: http://www.bodykits.net/images/bodyk.../169379/00.jpg
but what i want to know is if i purchase an evo hood would it fit? i know evos are built differently and the headlights are different to the es but this front bumper seems to have it covered. sideskirts and rear bumper im not too concerned with
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-L...ht_1527wt_1396

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVO8-EVO9-LA...ht_3577wt_1163
i know im gonna hear "just get an evo!" or "this has been answered already" but 1. i have an es, i cant afford an evo, im making the best of what i got. and 2. i have only found one thread about this in this forum and i believe the guy just wanted to switch out the hood....
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An evo hood will not fit on your car. Evos are similiar to lancers but not exact. Steven121 did an evo front end conversion he did not simply swap out the hood he put an entire front clip on and it was not a simple bolt on affair. Look for his threads on here I cant remember if he made a separate thread about his conversion or if he just discussed it in his turbo thread.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 03lances
an evo hood will not fit on your car. Evos are similiar to lancers but not exact. Steven121 did an evo front end conversion he did not simply swap out the hood he put an entire front clip on and it was not a simple bolt on affair. Look for his threads on here i cant remember if he made a separate thread about his conversion or if he just discussed it in his turbo thread.
+1
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:26 AM

Why??? your car only has 100hp.. why do you want to imitate a car that has almost 3 times the power and awd? Before owning a lancer and seeing these kids try to make their OZ or ES to look like an EVO, i would laugh and scratch my head as to why and never seem to find a point to it.. please explain.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aziankingz
Why??? your car only has 100hp.. why do you want to imitate a car that has almost 3 times the power and awd? Before owning a lancer and seeing these kids try to make their OZ or ES to look like an EVO, i would laugh and scratch my head as to why and never seem to find a point to it.. please explain.
I have to agree here. I get annoyed when people ask me about my "evo". I hate having to explain over and over its not an evo its just turboed with a evo fmic out front. I like people to know they just got beat by a sohc lancer