Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

SO many problems, including rear bushings..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO many problems, including rear bushings..

Well good news for me as well as bad..I was previously selling the Lancer for financial reasons - not anymore! (to make a long story short), but now that it has 40,000 km on it - the list of "keep meaning to fix it things" is getting longer and longer!
-Rear bushings squeak SO loud that people stare @ me from the street side/other cars (I think it's a warranty issue)
-Brakes squeal loudly - getting new pads on weekend
-Rear windshield glass rattles when going over bumps (I think it's the glass)
-Dash board also rattles at the base of the windshield (more during the cold)
-Alignment needs to be done.
-I must have lost a wheel balance or something because between 80-100 kmH the whole car shakes (only within that range of speed)
-Front tires are worn only on the outsides (I think this is due to the alignment issue)
**Well I think that's it for today's set of problems, but I do look foreward to tomorrow when I will no doubt wake up and discover a new and mysterious squeek and or rattle of some sort. On the plus side I have no drivetrain probs, so I guess it's all relatively minor once I bring it in for a huge tune up..
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:28 PM
cih

Rear Bushings should be replaced at the dealership for free. mine were.

Were you driving through a lot of snow before you went to take it on higher speeds ? That happened to me, the snow screwed up the balance. Should be fine by now.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

man...what's wrong with your car? u have a lemon or something? hahaha
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

I've had my OZ for strut replacements then bushings, then lube of bushings, then lube of upper bushings, all of thihs under warrantee but now I'm pissed. None of this has eleviated the loud squeaking!!! Now they are replacing everything again tomorrow but I've already told them I'm trading it in for the EVO and not buying from them if the problems not solved. Pisses me off that I have to take time out of my day to drive to the dealer to drop my car off for the 5th time in the last two months!!!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

at least your cars arent the only ones with this problem. my car squeaked like a mother****er, the second time i got it into mitsu they finally fixed it.. it was a tonne of work too i have it written down what they did i just forgot
Old Mar 4, 2004, 12:07 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like mostly maintenance issues to me. My dashboard squeaks too. I just push on it and it stops... at least for an hour or so. I have a little over 40km (30k miles), and am now saving up in anticipation of getting brakes, tires, and a few other normal things. I can't complain about rattles when I lowered the car 2" on stiff shocks with low travel, and autocross it monthly.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 06:02 AM

Got everything fixed finally - funny the only thing that DIdn't need to be replaced were the front brake pads, which had 30% pad left @ 40k km. (Even the rear drums needed servicing).. The car drives a lot better now, no bumping, no drifting, smooth acceleration; needed new plugs -the only problem is NOW that I happened to test a WRX when my car was in for service......yeah............