Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Hood Latch Question for EVO VII Hood!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2004, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hood Latch Question for EVO VII Hood!

What's up? I had ordered an EVO VII kit from Accolade and it was damaged, so they will be sending me the newer TechSport bodykit and I was just now thought about it!... How the heck am I supposed to pop the hood? The grill will be in the way! unless I take the grill mesh out I won't be able to get to it! I don't want to have to use hood pins either! Is there a way to get a different hood latch so the hood latch will be at the top instead of at the bottom? I gotta wait for them to get some in so I've got time for you guys to help me out so I can try and figure out what to do about this!
Old Jul 28, 2004, 12:54 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

ok heres what i did.... i'm not sure what the pieces are technically called, but bare with me. all you really need to do is shave off the piece were you release the hood from the front of the car. that way, when you pop your hood from the inside of your car the hood will open fully and there will be no need for it. honestly you really dont need that piece. it dosent help keep the hood down at all. how do i know this? my buddy left it on the first "click" latch on accident and went driving around..... well needless to say, his hood flew up and smashed his windsheild. so yeah it dosent really do anything. hope that helps.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 05:57 AM

or use a wire. attach it to the stock piece ( not sure what its called either) and lead it ever the grill. not sure if i explained it right.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

when i got my evo 7 kit install, the shop bent the lever upwards so its at the top now...if i had my car i'de take a pic for you, but its getting a 1700 dollar paint job at the moment.