Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

WORKS drivetrain components now available for Lancer ES/LS/OZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2005 | 02:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
While we are speaking about clutches. I noticed that you have a clutch specifically for racing versus just an upgraded clutch. Even though the upgraded clutch has better clamping force than a stock one, why do you not recommend getting it if you occasionally race?

WADAD
The harder you are on the clutch, the shorter its lifespan usually is. If you plan on giving your Lancer a fair amount of (ab)use, then WORKS would definitely recommend the CK2. The CK1 is there for those who are looking for a better clutch than OEM at about the same price.

Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
Also, in the flywheel description it mentions there being a difference in how you launch with the lightened flywheel.

How is it different? DO you have to hold the revs higher or is it something you have to change in your technique? Trying to make some decisions on what parts can help me get my ET's down.

WADAD
Due to the lower rotating mass, the engine won't have the same amount of potential energy stored when the clutch pedal is released. This may require a slightly higher RPM to obtain the same launch. However, once you are in motion, your engine RPMs will increase quicker because of the same reason--lower rotating mass requires less energy to move it.
Old Jan 4, 2005 | 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

OOOHHH!!! got my flywheel in today! it looks great! gonna get my car on the dyno before and after and put up some numbers. ill let you guys know.
Old Jan 26, 2005 | 05:45 PM
Account Disabled

Now through the end of January WORKS is offering even greater savings on our clutch/flywheel combos. Get the Lancer CK1/Spin combo for only $649 or the Lancer CK2/Spin combo for only $799!
Old Jan 27, 2005 | 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
two words - HELL FUC*IN YEAH !!!!!!!

Dammit - i still dont have my tax refund yet

Great job WORKS - looking forward to doing business with you soon.
Old Feb 7, 2005 | 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
Now through the end of January WORKS is offering even greater savings on our clutch/flywheel combos. Get the Lancer CK1/Spin combo for only $649 or the Lancer CK2/Spin combo for only $799!
Jamie, do you still have that sale going? I'm interested. Also how much do you think is the labor to have this installed or is this easy to install?