Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

New Products Availble!! Check out Site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2004, 09:49 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Products Availble!! Check out Site

Hi all,

Starting a sub-business to handle the non-tire and wheels section of the business. Here is the link to the site.
http://homepage.mac.com/tswift/Swift-Speed.htm

Bare with me as it is a one page site for the moment. I will be updating as time permits.

I'm really excited about two New products I've been testing

First is the CG-Lock. I have had one of the pre-release units and it is one product that does what it says. Keeps you planted in the seat. Easy install. Read the descripion on the site. Please PM me for more details. I'm putting together a PDF file in the next few days with all the info.

The second product I'm stoked about is the Eco-Tek CB-26P. It is a little device that attaches your brake return vacuume line and helps increas fuel milage. I have been testing for a month now to see if the claims hold up. They DO!! I've increased my gas milage by 4mpg in mixed driving. The tests done in England on the unit have shown increases of at least 2mpg. This is no gimmick IT WORKS!! Easy intall and setup. PM me for more info
Old Jan 6, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

What's the silencer for on the eco-tek cb-26p?
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

damn connection drop

Ok here's the short version of what I wrote:

The link for the valve doesn't work. $80 for 4MPG increase is a helluva deal over time.

Are the seatbelt thingys not recommended for daily driving (potential catastrophe in the event of a rollover, just like 5-points)?

Thanks my man!
Old Jan 7, 2004, 07:59 AM
Account Disabled

First, the silencer fits over the end of the CB-26P. Once adjusted, the unit makes a weezing type sound once certain RPM's are reached, then stops. It happens mainly when you left off the throttle. The Silencer fits over the end and is has a two fold job, main job is to muffle the "weez", second, it is also a filter. There is a small screen in the CB-26P, that is how the air gets in. The Silcerer acts like a second filter.

As for MPG gains, the 4mpg has been my experience with my driving style. I"m not one to just hammer the throttle at everylight. But you can expect at a minimum around 2mpg increase. That has been the norm.

Now, The CG-Lock. It is for daily driving. It is very easy to get in and out of. To get out, you just get out like you always do, press the seat belt release and you are out. What the unit does is takes up the slack in the lap belt portion of the belt. Once installed, you pull the shoulder harness to take up the slack. You can pull it as much is as comfortable to you. It has a thumb lever that locks the belt in place. If it is too tight, just flick the lever down, and pull the belt out a bit. It is a simple device, but works FANTASTIC! The CG-Lock comes with full, easy to read instructions. Takes 5 minutes to install.

BTW, you should have the PDA Unit today or tomorrow. If you want the tracking # I have that.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 08:01 AM
Account Disabled

for those who have tried the Ecotek link. I screwed up. here's how to get to the site. click the link on the new site. Go into the address bar and change the "c" to a "k". I'll fix this when I get home. Sorry.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 08:03 AM
Account Disabled

duh, here is the link:

www.ecotekplc.co.uk

I'll get it together soon.

Last edited by tswift; Jan 7, 2004 at 08:05 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, ok. So it's more of a full-time seatbelt pretensioner. That's cool. And that was $39.95 each?

does the ekotec sound like a BOV... ? That's a way to sell them "Add a badass BOV wheeze to your NA application!"

Yeah go ahead and PM the tracking #, please.

Products look good, my man
Old Jan 7, 2004, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

How loud is the "weez"?

Is it noticeble outside of the car? Lol does it sound like an N/A BOV?

Old Jan 7, 2004, 03:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Todd, could we get a pic of what the CG lock looks like installed? I'm still not really clear on exactly what it does (I guess I'm slow)...
Old Jan 7, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Blacksheep, you know how you pull yourseatbelt tight when you get in the car. And it'll hold you snug for a few minutes, right? But after the first stoplight or trip to the drive through, you notice it's loose. That's because the pretensioner has relaxed.

I don't know for sure, but my guess from looking at the pic is that it's basically a clamp that keep the belt tight. I'd guess it will attach right above the buckle on the shoulder strap side (so it's by your hip). . . but this is all just a guess. Or it could maybe attach on the underside of the "pulley"/guide that's up by your head.

OZ: did you not read my post. . . or are you just being complimentary?
Old Jan 7, 2004, 03:54 PM
Account Disabled

Wow, EBOy, you are one smart cookie. Your first explanation is spot on. It attatches on the belt which goes into the buckle.

I'll try to get a photo real soon.

Remeber they will be available at the end of the month. Pre-Orders are available.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 04:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, cool. I'll probably end up buying both eventually (amazing how 10 degree weather makes you not want to work on your car, ain't it?). I'm interested to know how complicated the install is on the Eco-Tek, though, since I'm a newbie at engine stuff. Thanks to Eboy and T for the replies, though.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 08:20 AM
Account Disabled

fixed link in ECotek.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

I have a hard time believing those claims about the EcoTek. If someone on this forum actually showed me proof that they had increased gas mileage and less emissions without screwing up their engine I would consider it. Vacuum in the engine is a very important thing and messing with it can screw everything up. Before I sold my Supra I had a vacuum problem and it took me three months to track it down and solve the problem.

I want proof from a reliable US source.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 12:22 PM
Account Disabled

go to Ecotekplc.co.uk. They have more reviews than you can almost read. Keep one thing in mind while reading. Fuel prices in Europe are 4 to 5 times higher than in the U.S. So anything that can save even 1 mpg would be worth buying.

You say you want proof. Well, I'm a member and drive an ES Lancer As for the claims I made.

Before I sell any product, especially ones that make claims like this, I want to test it. No I haven't gone to emmisions, but I have been driving with it attached to the Brake vaccum on my car with great results. The reason is because I too am a bit skeptical. But I took a chance because I thought the information provided on the website was trustworthy (more than our President) And I have found the same results on my car as all the reviewers did in all the magazine reviews and test shops. I'm sold on it. As for installation, it's so easy on our car. Cut a small section out of the brake vacuum and add some small hose clamps to keep it in place permently. Adjust according to instructions and you are on your way. It took my second tank to see any real increase. The car has to adjust.

I just put in another tank full and this time I got 3mpg increse over my baseline with my mods. It was real cold so that accounts for the small drop. Overall I'm so pleased. The product carries a 100% guarantee as well.

With that I'll leave it to you to explore.

Quick Reply: New Products Availble!! Check out Site