Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Carbon Fiber Products!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2002, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by lancer412
Calvin- That spoiler is nice!! Let us know the release date and price. How about the pics of the hood and the release date/price on that??

Hood should be estimate around $6xx, this one i'm not sure guys because we don't have the sample model yet. but i'll try to keep it low for all your guys.

for the hood, it will be 100% CF too, no mix with any other fiber or stuff. Only the hook will be metal only.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 01:28 AM

Originally posted by RacinMylancer
that's actually not that bad; when you consider that people already pay mid to high $2xx's for a fiberglass evo VII model (which you have to paint, etc. afterwards), $300 or so isn't bad for a "buy it and put it on" carbon fiber spoiler. i'm stoked on production.

(i want to throw my 2 cents in at the end too, for what it's worth, and maybe get some feedback... the evo VII spoiler with fiberglass sides/mounts and the actual cross-bar part in carbon fiber looks SWEEEEEEEET; like the one modern image had made. is there any possibility of producing this model? or maybe even just putting one together custom for me? i'm sure others would like the design as well *cue feedback* )

I know what you talking about, we will have the semi Carbon model too. which is only the center deck are carbon fiber, the side is fiber glass which you can paint to match the car..
Old Aug 29, 2002, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

i'm sold!! can't wait, man.

Old Aug 29, 2002, 03:21 AM

Originally posted by RacinMylancer
SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

i'm sold!! can't wait, man.

cool..
I shouldn't release those picture this month, but people keep asking me.

Coming up I will release the hood design, so ~~~ Stay tune at this post. You will not be sorry to wait for it.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

*Drool* i like your work man.......how much u think itd be 2 ship that bad boy and if u do the hood is it gonna have hood scoope or what ?
Old Aug 29, 2002, 04:40 AM

Originally posted by ryancb
*Drool* i like your work man.......how much u think itd be 2 ship that bad boy and if u do the hood is it gonna have hood scoope or what ?
both item are over size box, for spoiler it should cost around over $20-$30
Hood i'm not sure, because we don't have any infomation about the size and weight.

Sorry can't tell much about the design, you will see the model picx here soon.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Please say that the hood will have vent's in it
Old Aug 29, 2002, 04:59 AM

well i'll definitely buy the spoiler from you...and the hood I'll buy if you can give us a good price...DGM sells their OEM style carbon hood for 600 bux so I think depending on the design thats about the maximum price i would pay....I don't know what the design for you hood is so I'll hold judgement till I see it..but if it has any vents you'll be sure I'll buy it from ya....

in any case props for making both of them...

Old Aug 29, 2002, 05:21 AM

Originally posted by ElementalEvo
well i'll definitely buy the spoiler from you...and the hood I'll buy if you can give us a good price...DGM sells their OEM style carbon hood for 600 bux so I think depending on the design thats about the maximum price i would pay....I don't know what the design for you hood is so I'll hold judgement till I see it..but if it has any vents you'll be sure I'll buy it from ya....

in any case props for making both of them...

But do you know the carbon fiber hood they have is the 100% carbon Fiber? or they just have CF on top of other fiber? or it is paint as CF styles?

They all in different price.

Paint Carbon Fiber== which is almost the same price as of the normal hood ( they will add up the price because the paint)
(same weight as stocking)

Mix fiber Carbon Fiber== which only the top is carbon fiber, what ever is inside the carbon (can be fiber glass, abs etc.....) this is only give you the look of the carbon.
(a weight reduce of 5-25%, depend what they mix with)

Fully 100% Carbon Fiber== Top to Bottom inside out are carbon fiber only, this is the real racing car used to reduce the weight of the car.
(Awson weight reduce up to 50% or more!)

the US Lancer hood weight around $35lbs with grill, so the real carbon fiber should weight around 15-22lbs are the best. Only the hood hook will not be carbon fiber, else it will brake so easy for open and close the hood.

Do i answer all the questions that you need to know?
many people who know what i'm talking about please post here, don't let other member fool for some other retailer.

Old Aug 29, 2002, 05:23 AM

Originally posted by Lancer03
Please say that the hood will have vent's in it
yes it will have air vent's on it, that is good for air flow under the hood. front grill will suck in the cold air and ofcuse the hot air will flow out from the vent's.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Wait!!!!!!! Is it going to be a CF hood with vents or a palin, simple stock design? Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2002, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Beat me to it!

Edit: I am glad, count me in for the hood
Old Aug 29, 2002, 05:37 AM

Wait!!!!!!! Is it going to be a CF hood with vents or a palin, simple stock design? Thanks
All I can say, It will be like the Hyper styles.

sorry i can't tell much, because it is not even out yet. once we made a sample of it, then the project design is confirm with that styles.
Why i can't say? Because if i tell you A styles, but It come out with B styles. You guys going to make noise on me

So i can't say much for now, because we don't have the sample yet. But.... once the sample is out, i'm happy tell you all about the spec of it.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 05:40 AM

If any one just interesting on CF model with stocking US Lancer hood, make some noise here.
This one will be easy, i can tell them to make it any time.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Take your time and do it right I just posted that because I didn't think that you saw my question earlier and by the time I submitted it, you already answered I will await the pics. BTW the spoiler looks good. Keep up the good work

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Products!