Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Carbon Fiber Products!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2002, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

alright, calv...you promise the word, I promise the order. No down payment, but you have my word.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 10:59 AM

can you give us a rough estimate so we can be saving?
Old Nov 27, 2002, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

damn, that is sweet, i'll definately want to buy one of those . ..
Old Nov 27, 2002, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Hood looks pretty tight! I'm down for one
Old Nov 27, 2002, 11:42 AM

Originally posted by HartLancer
can you give us a rough estimate so we can be saving?
it will approx around $6xx, i'm not sure the tax and import shipping. It depend how many i'm going to import them.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 11:50 AM

is this going to come with a latch? i dont want to use hoodpins.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by HartLancer
is this going to come with a latch? i dont want to use hoodpins.
Yes it will come with latch, but since it is light weight hood. Hood pins are recommend, else it may be too light during high speed.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 12:52 PM

Hey Calvin that hood look's bad ***. It look's like a Evo 5 hood with a hyper mix to it. You can go head and put me down on the order list.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 12:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The hood looks tight Calvin, to bad I just bought a house. Oh well just something else I will save money for. Again, good job on the hood.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

you said the hood weighs 15-20 pounds, do you know how much the stock one weighs in comparison?

also i've got a aem cold air intake and i installed the air bypass valve, its basicly a foam thing in the middle of the pipe to take in air if the cone filter gets submerged, do you know where those vents are, like where the water will drop down cause my bypass valve is right under the battery, thats where aem reccomended i put it and it would be bad if water got on the bypass valve, also would water get on the battery and maybe short it out?

and my last question is could you sell it without the clear coat so i could get it painted yellow, or could you paint it yellow, or would it be easy to get a shop to just paint yellow over the clear coat?

thanks
Old Nov 27, 2002, 02:42 PM

i call the first hood! the check's already made out.
i'm not kidding, calvin, i really want the first one.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by ratboy128
you said the hood weighs 15-20 pounds, do you know how much the stock one weighs in comparison?

also i've got a aem cold air intake and i installed the air bypass valve, its basicly a foam thing in the middle of the pipe to take in air if the cone filter gets submerged, do you know where those vents are, like where the water will drop down cause my bypass valve is right under the battery, thats where aem reccomended i put it and it would be bad if water got on the bypass valve, also would water get on the battery and maybe short it out?

and my last question is could you sell it without the clear coat so i could get it painted yellow, or could you paint it yellow, or would it be easy to get a shop to just paint yellow over the clear coat?

thanks
yes the hood approx around 20lbs up or down, stocking hood i remember weight around 35-40 with grill
the intake vent section is on the corner of the driver side, which will not direct contact with air intake. It is little above the stocking filter box.

It is carbon fiber, why you need to paint it?
it is not the fiber glass that you need to paint
Old Nov 27, 2002, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by xxxzombie
you mean the sample they going send me?
I can't sell that hood, i need that to show around the people in my area.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Hey calvin if you have the hood in Dec, do you mind if us NY Lancers get together around your area so you could show us the hood?
Old Nov 27, 2002, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by xxxzombie
don't worry, the hood i'm order is very limited. you may be the first person in your state, because i'm possible only have enough 1 per states.
that thing cost too much, i don't have much cash to import them, think about if i order 50 set of hood how much i got to spend on it.
and it is only for one style hood, if this group buy turn out good. I'll keep ordering after 50 set.

so be ready to order them when i release the hood, first come first serve. Deposit are open now for ($10), approx time frame from now is 2 month(4-5weeks for shipping by sea, another 2-3 weeks for production the hood).

When we confirm the package is in the USA custom, we will start to collect the full payment. Only take a week for custom to release the products(if nothing happen).

The real price will be post after production, this way we can calculate the shipping & import fee for those hood.
deposit is refundable, it will not be refundable after a week of price relase if you backout the order.

sound fair?

Also i have to let you guys know, for people who live not near New York City. There will be shipping charge, base rate we may using Fedex. Unless you can find another way for easy and cheaper delvery to your home.
approx from $100-$140, depend how far from NYC. shipping charge will be what ever amount that Fedex charge us, no making money on the shipping.
Handling? I'm not going to charge at here for LF member.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Products!