Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Finally!!! Ripp Modifications Stage 2 Supercharger Drive System Groupbuy!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2004, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im right there with ya viciouz, Ive only got a little over $2000 bucks to spend right now. Should have the SDS by Early Sept
Old May 14, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

hey good things come to those who wait. it took me several months to save up for my turbo kit. then later i upgraded to intercooled and this week I paid for my stage 2 upgrade. Take moding slowly cause you dont want to get over your head just to be "kewl"
Old May 14, 2004, 12:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exactly... just take your time and don't short yourself. Then you'll be stylin in no time!!
Old May 14, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

but its so hard to save money... ... i keep buying other small things for my car
Old May 14, 2004, 05:00 PM

lol your telling me. I just paid $350 for a new 8000k HID Kit for meh lancer oz. That coulda went toward s my SC but oh well. Imma sell off that EVO VII spoiler went my Tech Sport kit arrives These lights are a lil bright but will look sweet on my Black Lancer
Attached Thumbnails Finally!!! Ripp Modifications Stage 2 Supercharger Drive System Groupbuy!!!-2.jpg   Finally!!! Ripp Modifications Stage 2 Supercharger Drive System Groupbuy!!!-3.jpg  

Last edited by UmsHoT; May 14, 2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old May 14, 2004, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

This sucks. im gonna have to bail on this supercharger. so im fu@$ing pissed! My dad talked to the dealership and they said that if you supercharge you're engine then we will have to void you're warranty. They said the best way to go is wait til you're warranty is up and then do major engine mods. they convinced my dad and i couldnt even budge him after they were done talking to em..

Please copy and add your name to this list
1. Coronalancer
2. ZooRacer aka Garrick aka 1st supercharged automatic
3. bbvc (* if they will put & tune it on my mirage, I am located in NYC)
4. LancerTuner830 aka 2nd supercharged automatic.. hehehe...
Please copy and add your name to this list
Old May 14, 2004, 05:59 PM

lol, yea man. If you modify ANYTHING! Your car, your Computer, you toaster, anything..... you void the warranty. Because if something breaks and you take it to your dealership, they can say " Nope, we cant help you because your Super Charger caused the problems!" Even if your SC had nothing to do with it they could save their money by saying it was the SC's fault
Old May 15, 2004, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

i guess u can put it on, but if u run into problems u'll have to take it off den... its a pain in the butt tho... i'll tell u that...
Old May 16, 2004, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

lol damm melaz..... u shouldnt have told ur dad that ur gonna go SC... u shoulda just arrived with it on HAHAHthat sucks bro... Save up and drive as many miles as u can to get that warranty done with.. hehe.. J/K!

my opinion on this is.... the warranty is gonna expire anyways... so i'll just have my fun now....
Old May 17, 2004, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

yes. by the time i rack up the miles.. my show mods will be done and time for the sc. and if i came home supercharged, id prolly end up without a car and home lol
Old May 17, 2004, 08:47 AM

I spoke to RIPP at englishtown and I called them this week and they told me that this is probably going to be the biggest sale there ever going to have on this kit. My buddy said he saw them at carlisle with there supercharged tiburon and people were goin nutz. I think these sds kits are going to be everywhere in about 8 months. I wish i had the cash right now
Old May 17, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

First i like to say thank you to all the guys at RIPP!!!! they are all so frendly and willing to answer all my question with being a ***** since i calle them like everyday...hahaha....but on the realz...these guys are the best....

i got my car back today...and all i got to say...GODDDDDAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNN this thing flies...sounds soooo sweeeeeet with da SDS in the car...you cant even imagin how this sounds...its sounds soo much better then the annoying wastegate on the RRM Turbo set up...You can even hear the blow off valve when the car is shifting....

the car's idle was smooth but not that smooth when the car started...cause my O2 sensor in the cat is ***ed up...and they took it out...and since i work at a mitsu dealer...i will get da sensor and install it myself....thier black box system is amazing....the piggy back is sooo amazing that it didnt need to learn like the RRM piggyback....its amazing...that all i got to say....guys....GET ON THIS GROUP BUY...its the best investment u will do for your car.....trust me...i kno!!!!

here are some pics of the SDS!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...582#post947582
Old May 17, 2004, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

thats so sick... go out dere n race some cars... let me drool till i get my own
Old May 17, 2004, 09:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZooRacer
i was soooo tempted to race some cars that reved on me...but i am in the break in period right now
This quote posted here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...926#post947926

Doesn't this contradict what you just said:
the piggy back is sooo amazing that it didnt need to learn like the RRM piggyback
That's not cool at all... Your kit looks great and i'd advise you to take RIPP's directions seriously. During the break in period the "black box" does learn and adapt to the car. You'll find the car should drive better and better everyday. Once they've given you the ok then beat on her and let us know times/dyno's(if your going to do that stuff) Can't wait for some kill stories...ummm... legal ones

Last edited by Boeturbolancer; May 17, 2004 at 09:14 PM.
Old May 18, 2004, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

its sounds soo much better then the annoying wastegate on the RRM Turbo set up...
That made me laugh. First of all you can vent the wastegate port back into the exhaust, so basically you are just trying to flame road/race. Second of all the sound of the external is liked by mostly all turbo guys so I don't know how you say it is annoying. I really pity youre poor attempt to throw dirt on the rrm kit haha. The RIPP kit looks cool and seems like a nice setup and if youre preference is to havea a supercharger rather a turbo then that is fine. but you don't see anyone with turbo talking crap do you? or throwing dirt on RIPP? so dont do it to road/race that sh*t aint cool homie.

by the way nice RRM STRUT BAR

Quick Reply: Finally!!! Ripp Modifications Stage 2 Supercharger Drive System Groupbuy!!!