Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Finally!!! Ripp Modifications Stage 2 Supercharger Drive System Groupbuy!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2004, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wasnt flaming on RRM....i jus find the wastegate annoying....and i kno some peeps who are stayin NA...they can back me up on this...Not Dissin RRM since i was about to GO Turbo
Old May 18, 2004, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

what does the wastegate do to annoy you?
Old May 18, 2004, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

i have my wastegate piped into my exhaust and you cant hear it at all so i am a touch confused by his statement. If you dont pipe it in you can just hear it exhaust out so it makes a whoosh sound.
Old May 18, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

the RIPP SDS looks awesome. I can't wait to see some numbers, times and in PERSON!

for a FI-dumbass such as myself, what does the wastegate do that the BOV doesn't? I just don't get it .. wouldn't that wooshing be the same on really any turbo? :P I know this is a bit OT
Old May 18, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

whats the difference between a diverter valve and blow-off valve?
Old May 18, 2004, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

wastegate vents excess pressure (the turbo is making 20 psi but the wastegate is letting 14 psi through on my car). a BOV is to vent extra air in the pipe from between the Throttle body and turbo so that you dont get back pressure into the turbo causing compressure surge.

i dont know anything about the sds system but i bet the diverter serves one or both of these purposes.
Old May 21, 2004, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey RIPP-

Do you guys sell different pulleys for the crank and SDS? Also, can the Black Box be configured to run up to 23-25psi instead of 18psi to make use of the efficiency of the V5? Will the supplied fuel components be capable of such a high number? Thanks.
Old May 23, 2004, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

hey senate6268...sorry for the delay...the reason why RIPP has not responded...cause Ripp and I have been in sema in Atlantic City, NJ....Ripp had a booth there...and my car is featured at sema....so thats why u havent gotten a word from ripp....ripp will give u a reply in the next few days...

thanks
Old May 24, 2004, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Ripp Sds Stage 3 Question

Originally Posted by senate6268
Hey RIPP-

Do you guys sell different pulleys for the crank and SDS? Also, can the Black Box be configured to run up to 23-25psi instead of 18psi to make use of the efficiency of the V5? Will the supplied fuel components be capable of such a high number? Thanks.

Yes we do sell upgraded crank pulleys...Most of our products are listed on our NEWLY REFURBISHED website www.rippmods.com. Our Stage 3 consists of aftermarket pistons to handle more boost. We typically boost on our 6G72, 4G94 and 5FSE engines between 15-18psi of boost. This does not in any way take away from the everyday drivability of the kit or the car. We have not yet taken the Lancer program to stage 3. The Vortech V-5 G Trim (offered in all of our kits) is able to boost up to 25psi. The black box will have no problem keeping things in tune under such high boost. In fact I drove a Stage 3 SDS Dodge Stratus from Staten Island to Atlantic City and I only used approximately a quarter tank of gas. We look forward toward going stage 3 with the Lancer. First we would like to prove the everyday drivability, reliability and power of our Stages 1 and 2.
Old May 24, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

hmmmmm.....stage 3...droooooooooooooooooooool.....
Old May 24, 2004, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
I have already built up my bottom end with pistons and rods, so boosting so high will not be a problem. My head's at the shop right now getting a treatment of porting and polishing, 3-angle valve job, stainless valves, titanium retainers and upgraded valve springs. I'll be ordering a stage 2 supercharger spec cam from RPW after the install of the kit. Thanks for the response.
Old May 25, 2004, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

guys...u should jump on this....this car flies....and the set up and its a lancer...grabbed sooooo much attention at SEMA...its sooo freaken crazy how so many nonlancer owners are wondering about this car....thank you RIPP MODS!!!!!!!!
Old May 25, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

man if i did have the money... i'ld buy this sucker rite now
Old May 25, 2004, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

I had an interesting conversation today... apparently ZooRacer's car had to be towed in and out of SEMA?? Also it seems that the real reason it is at RIPP right now is to get tuned and that it hasn't even been running right yet?? Is this true?? If it is how can ZOO post about beating an EVO (BS??). My source is very trustworthy and i'd like to know. Usually if RIPP has something done they make a dyno STATEMENT atleast. Its funny how they haven't posted the results of the Auto yet! This is really a concern of mine and i'd like to know if any of this is true. I just so happened to save my sources statements and i'll reveal his name if needed! I've supported RIPP as a new vendor and looked forward to his contributions to the lancer community... now i'm not so sure i should have!

This also raises a question about Blazen's car and if it is what they say it is... We still haven't seen any track times and he's had his stuff for a while now. What's up RIPP??
Old May 25, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

A stage 3 RIPP supercharged lancer will NEVER beat a stage 3 Turbo Road/Race or ANY custom turbo lancer, no reason to even goto stage 3 just stay at stage 2. Hell I think stage 2 will still beat stage 3 RIPP. Im on vacation and im drunk so dont bother talking sh*t. WHAT UP EVERYONE, PEACE.

Quick Reply: Finally!!! Ripp Modifications Stage 2 Supercharger Drive System Groupbuy!!!