Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Finally!!! Ripp Modifications Stage 2 Supercharger Drive System Groupbuy!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2004, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
Hopefully you'll help Viscious out so i can race him at Fontana!

Yah Help me out
Old May 3, 2004, 10:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow i just realized we are talking about 33,000+ dollars for 9 people. WOW! With initial deposits being 9,000 bucks. Damn that is a huge amount of cash all at once. 9 people seems pretty steep... what happens if all 9 spots can't be filled? I wish i had that kind of cash coming my way. Go RIPP go!!
Old May 3, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't be able to put out that kind of cash until like at the end of summer or something, and probably work two jobs *Sigh* too bad you have to pay in full by june 5th
Old May 4, 2004, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

whoa! that amount of money and so little time to come up with it...can ripp stretch the "Paid in full" date a lil longer?
Old May 4, 2004, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by initialDRacer

Basically, what would make the supercharger a better choice than a turbocharger?

Google: Turbocharger vs Supercharger

46165435406464030163 papers written on the difference.
They both have their pros and cons
Old May 4, 2004, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

About this kit, once I'm convinced, can I also buy a boost controller and other stuff like blow off valve or are they not needed? What optional accessories can I add in?

it comes with blow off valve...it comes with everything you need...the only thing that you have to get are some gauges like da boost controller. the supercharger has this nice purr to it...

Please copy and add your name to this list
1. Coronalancer
2. ZooRacer aka Garrick aka 1st supercharged automatic
Old May 4, 2004, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blaze_125
What about Stage 1? How much is it going for?
Originally Posted by Melaz425
will someone please clarify what the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 is?
RIPP, i only have 8kmiles on my car. do i have to work my engine in some more before i do a serious engine modd like this?

We are not releasing the stage one under the group buy. We are stocking up fro the 9-11psi kit rated on BlazinOZ’s car at 22whp and 211lb/ft.

Originally Posted by Static
has the stage 2 been dynoed yet?? or is that the one htat is 222hp
Right 222whp (We never posted a DYNO sheet, we caught hell for it) But that’s the HP level

Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
My ?? is what will the price be once the Group Buy is over... that will tell people whether or not they should jump on this right now to save big or not. Glad to see you finally got it together RIPP

Hopefully you'll help Viscious out so i can race him at Fontana!
The retail price of our full on kit will be 3899.11, which is pre-tuned all the way up to 18psi and whatever the level of boost will deliver HP wise. So essentially, if you were to buy a stage one kit and upgrade to the stage 2 kit you would be well over $4000.

Example:
$3599.95 Stage one
$499.95 Boost Cooler
$269.95 Over Drive Crank Pulley

As opposed to the group buy pricing. The deal is here its just a matter of recognizing it.

Originally Posted by Melaz425
yea before i put my name on the list, what happens when we put our $1,000 deposit down and mail it in; and then 9 pple dont sign up? is it refundable?
From what we have been reading there shouldn’t be a problem running up to 9guys for this buy. The product it strong and solid. The testing shows it to be extremely reliable. We make exception to the limit of the group buy, but again, its for marketing, we want the hardcore guys with a thirst for power and reliability to sign on. Almost all of you have been following this from the beginning, that’s almost a year of BlazinOZ’s car running strong.

Blazin, I guess you are the first one who has the supercharger, I wish i could see it in action.

About this kit, once I'm convinced, can I also buy a boost controller and other stuff like blow off valve or are they not needed? What optional accessories can I add in?

I wonder if the supercharger sounds alot like a turbo charger? I really like the turbo wushhh sound but I don't know what a supercharger sounds like

Basically, what would make the supercharger a better choice than a turbocharger?
With the SDS you won’t need to upgrade anything. We include all the upgrades, our new 04” Option Loud” Blow Off Valve comes with the kit, and the new gray box with its ability to keep the tune in check is also included.

In the future all you would need to do is upgrade your internals and change one more pulley and your running big boost. The beauty is the SC will never over boost. Its belt driven so no worries about over boosting.
Old May 4, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Hey ripp, will any aftermarket header work with the sds setup, is there any that wouldn't be compatible?
Old May 4, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

hey jaymz916.....yea...any aftermarket headers are fine...i think..haha
Old May 4, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, I mean "anyones" is fine, I've got rrm's header, didn't know if ripp's stuff would be compatible with rrm's, you know biggest competition and all. HAHAHAHAHA
Old May 4, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

I am down for this product, Its new, unique, and gives you your best bang for you buck... now all I gotta do is sell my old stuff and come up with some more money. I hope I can help you guys out with the groupbuy and get the money in by June 5th. I wouldn't want to pay 4000 or so when i can use that money to upgrade internals and run higher boost.

Last edited by Viciouz; May 4, 2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old May 4, 2004, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

1. Coronalancer
2. ZooRacer aka Garrick aka 1st supercharged automatic
3. bbvc (* if they will put & tune it on my mirage, I am located in NYC)
Old May 4, 2004, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

sweet sounds like a nice setup cant wait to see feedback
maybe i should buy another motor and buy this kit lol
still shopping for a used motor and maybe look into this
still working on my project
Old May 4, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

we sooo poor we cant afford it!!! i wish they are freebie!
Old May 4, 2004, 09:47 PM

222 to da wheels for supercharged stage 2 & 235 w.h.p. at 10 psi for turbo stage 2 from road race why should i get a super charger when im gettin 235 to wheels at 10 psi and ur only gettin 222 to wheels at 9-11 psi? i mean gimme few good reasons for it and u might have a sale,not only that im a huge TURBO FAN but i would be willing to sepnd cash on supercharger if i was convinced

Quick Reply: Finally!!! Ripp Modifications Stage 2 Supercharger Drive System Groupbuy!!!