Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What is Class "S" Ford discount???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is Class "S" Ford discount???

I'm taking my bro to buy his new Mazda 3 tomorrow (10/23) and through his work he gets a Class "S" Ford discount. Anybody know how kind that discount is or any details? My pops was a car salesman for many years so I'm an expert at beating the **** out of salesmen to get a good deal but I don't wanna waste the effort if this discount is good and the process is pretty standard so there's no haggling. Any details would be appreciated.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Well I know that if I buy a brand new Ford being an employee of my employer I am eligible to get a car 4% under invioce. Maybe that is the deal or it's something different. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

A-Plan Ford employee purchase program. (invoice)
D-Plan same as A-Plan usually a program for salespeople who sell Ford products.
Z-Plan retired Ford employee program.
X-Plan percentage over invoice.

Don't go in there acting like Billy Badass or they will tell you to take a hike. It's a privilege to buy under a special pricing program and dealers don't have to honor it.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Volkmann
A-Plan Ford employee purchase program. (invoice)
D-Plan same as A-Plan usually a program for salespeople who sell Ford products.
Z-Plan retired Ford employee program.
X-Plan percentage over invoice.

Don't go in there acting like Billy Badass or they will tell you to take a hike. It's a privilege to buy under a special pricing program and dealers don't have to honor it.

k....maybe he said "X" plan then and not "S"....that sounds more like it. Thanks for the info though....that's why I wanted to see if it was a set deal because if it is I don't want to go into car buying mode like you said if they're already gonna be taking care of me (or "him" I should say). You rock!!!!
Old Oct 22, 2004, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by loj68
k....maybe he said "X" plan then and not "S"....that sounds more like it. Thanks for the info though....that's why I wanted to see if it was a set deal because if it is I don't want to go into car buying mode like you said if they're already gonna be taking care of me (or "him" I should say). You rock!!!!
No, he had it right by saying S-plan. X plan is Ford and S plan (same thing as X) is for Mazda. I used S plan when I bought my MSP.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

sweet....just did the deal today......he got it at invoice which was pretty cool. The bad thing is the paperwork from Mazda says you MUST tell the dealer you have that discount right away......so of course I'm thinking "crap" because then they're just going to try and lowball the **** out of us on the trade-in.....and sure enough they did. I finally got them up where I wanted to be without much hassle but I hated being thrown into that disadvantage right off the bat. All in all it was the easiest car purchase I've been part of. He got an '05 model "S" with the sport package, 17" alloys, sunroof, and in-dash 6 disc changer for a hair over $17k. They had to locate one and it gets here monday.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 08:07 PM

Sweet. Congrats!