Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

EVO 8 BUSHUR STAGE1 VS SRT4 stock

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2004, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if u run him from a roll, u will lose trust me, i almost lost to one myself on a 45 mph roll, its cause our cars to heavy awd for roll, were made for LAUNCHING!!
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

u MIght lose from a roll.
after your friend spent $4k on mods- ask him to drive your evo. man i am sure he will be wishing for one.
EVO>srt4
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

kuba... where in central jersey? and what color evo u have?
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
All these lip services, ads, magazine tests, TV, forums, oppions, commercial BS will not prove anything.

Run that car and find out yourself. Or are you scared? >=P

And I once heard a saying that people will tend to forget which car is faster and stuff, but they will always remember if they loose a chunk of money.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ran my buddies Vishnu Stage 1 EVO from a 1st gear 20 MPH roll and was able to pull on him by 1/3 car. We were side by side for the first two gears, even with me spiining out all of first and second gear, by the middle of third was when I was pulling ahead of him. This was done on the first two runs.

On the last two runs he beat me by 1 car length once we got to third gear.

my 04 SRT4 is modded extensively with all the typical bolt-ons, with no internals touched, but still runs the stock turbo. in all my runs from a roll with the EVO, I always spun out first and 2nd gear, and never really got traction till 3rd gear....

I know not to run an EVO from a dig but to always do it from A ROLL, even if I spin out .

if I see a moderately modded EVO on the highway I will not hesitate to run him. besides I already have a weight and displacement advantage

Last edited by Blue Evo 8; Nov 10, 2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by h0tGRLh0tRiDeNJ
kuba... where in central jersey? and what color evo u have?
Holmdel NJ i got a Yellow evo with buschur stage one
Old Nov 11, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

SRT-4's are lighter than an Evo and put out almost the same HP, so its fairly even. I ran a stock SRT-4. We pulled out real slow and then he got the jump on me. I got going and he never gained any more distance. Another roll-on from probably 25 was dead even all the way through third. So in my experience, they are pretty much the same from a roll. From a dig, the Evo will easily jump a few car lengths on it, and keep that distance from there on, so it wouldn't be too hard to beat one.

I know they mod well, but so does the Evo so that argument is null and void.

And none of that "maybe he was a crappy driver crap." Maybe I'm a crappy driver, and maybe he was really good. Or vice-versa. No one really knows, so its all speculation and so...it means nada.

What it really boils down to at the end of the day is this: do you really want to have to manually roll down or up your REAR windows on your way home (RS guys ignore this). Ha!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Srt4= over rated. if you got buschur stage 1 its should be no problem. with vishnu stg 1 i killed an srt by bus lengths.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by astrocreep96
What it really boils down to at the end of the day is this: do you really want to have to manually roll down or up your REAR windows on your way home (RS guys ignore this). Ha!

Well it doest matter if my rear windows are manual, I'm not a backseat driver
Old Nov 12, 2004, 07:04 AM

races do not start from a roll...yes u will take him from a stop to a quarter....he may take you from a roll to past a quarter...
Old Nov 12, 2004, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evotoo
Srt4= over rated.

ummmmm....I think you're alone on this one.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I ran my buddies Vishnu Stage 1 EVO from a 1st gear 20 MPH roll and was able to pull on him by 1/3 car. We were side by side for the first two gears, even with me spiining out all of first and second gear, by the middle of third was when I was pulling ahead of him. This was done on the first two runs.

On the last two runs he beat me by 1 car length once we got to third gear.

my 04 SRT4 is modded extensively with all the typical bolt-ons, with no internals touched, but still runs the stock turbo. in all my runs from a roll with the EVO, I always spun out first and 2nd gear, and never really got traction till 3rd gear....

I know not to run an EVO from a dig but to always do it from A ROLL, even if I spin out .

if I see a moderately modded EVO on the highway I will not hesitate to run him. besides I already have a weight and displacement advantage
Look people I give the SRT-4 props, it is a good little car, but on the average stock vs. stock the EVO vs. the SRT-4 is a close race, up till 100MPH when the SRT-4 should start to pull.

Now if this guys SRT-4 beat a Vishnu Stage 1 EVO, then it was probably driver error on part of the EVO owner, sorry but cammed EVOs are animals. A Vishnu stage 1 EVO is a mid to low 12 second car with trap speeds around 108-113MPH
Old Nov 12, 2004, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

oh my bad, your car is modded, so ok it is plausible that you beat a Vish Stage 1. I thought you were saying you beat one with your stock SRT-4 in which case would have liked for you to get your head examined or the EVO owner to get his head examined on his very poor driving. Hey isn't this thread suppose to be in the SRT-4 everything (merged) section, moderators where you at. Like the SRT-4 but I do get tired of the SRT-4 propaganda.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing that can be said to your friend is "bring it!" If all else fails come back and we can hook you up with a different stage. I know a stock SRT-4 will not walk a Stage 1 EVO from any aspect. I have driven the SRT-4 and a modified SRt-4 and for the money it really cant be beat, but when it steps into the same class as an EVO or an modified EVO the only word to say is "Goodbye"
Old Nov 17, 2004, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
The only thing that can be said to your friend is "bring it!" If all else fails come back and we can hook you up with a different stage. I know a stock SRT-4 will not walk a Stage 1 EVO from any aspect. I have driven the SRT-4 and a modified SRt-4 and for the money it really cant be beat, but when it steps into the same class as an EVO or an modified EVO the only word to say is "Goodbye"