Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

700whp VS. EVO 8

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u wanna win? slap a big turbo on your car, do some suspension werk and tell him to bring it to the highway with some turns. If you bought your evo to be a straight line monster your bought the wrong car. Thats the bottom line. The evolution is the sickest car ever produced because it does EVERYTHING well. That includes going fast in a straight line, while turning and in any weather conditon. If he still wants to go straight tell him you wanna race him in the rain!
Old Nov 22, 2004, 05:33 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Race in the rain on a high speed roll.... brilliant. Anyhow I already bought an AMS gt35r kit and will be installing it within the next week. I'll let you know how laggy it is. I just have a stock engine, 660cc injectors, safcII, avcr, aps intercooler and bov, fuel pump, exhaust and intake. Going to put in fuel pressure regulator, tripple disc clutch and turbo kit, and intercooler piping on. From what I've seen spool up should be around 4300. It starts low 3ks and progressively increases until 4300-4500 or so. I will only run 19-20psi due to my smaller injectors and not wanting to completely destroy my car I figure around 410-430whp on pee water 91 octane. Good for 11 second passes. Plenty fast for me.

Now will it beat supras that make 700whp...probably not, especially from a roll. Do I care? Not really. I like the fact that these cars can do more than straight line without making you soil your pants. Even with a large turbo it can do well in the twisties you just have to modulate your throttle a lot more carefully.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

turbo trix is running a full second faster than your buddy. and would leave him way behind from a dead stop. In a 1 mile race that may change slightly but in the 1/4 mile the TT Evo would stomp him flat.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:04 PM

Finally... All I'm gonna say is I wanna see the video of you spanking the Supra when your car is finished with.. Good Luck!
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

I wonder what's the top speed of turbo trixs evo in a mile. I Just spoke with John shepard and he told me i should build the bottom and top of the motor and increase my redline to get more topspeed.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVL300
Finally... All I'm gonna say is I wanna see the video of you spanking the Supra when your car is finished with.. Good Luck!
As i said before..... i think with proper tuning... cams and a gt series turbo....some extra mph in each gear..... our evos should do damage from a roll.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

I am not saying it is not possible but it will take alot of work on the part of an Evo to take a single turbo Supra from a roll. That is where it really shines.

Shane
Old Nov 23, 2004, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

Some of you guys are forgetting, max horsepower does NOT mean fast. It's who has more area under the dyno graph. A supra can hit 700hp earlier and have more area under the curve than the smaller displacement evo.

My buddy has a sp67 single turbo powered supra with a built automatic with 4k stall torque converter, and i'll tell you this: it'll take tons of money for a evo to touch it. He ran 12.9@ 114+ 1/4 on stock twins and ****ty tires. Evo's can't even hit 110mph on the 1/4 all stock. Good luck hanging with a built supra on a roll.

I've seen some really built 2.4liter conversion dsm's with fat turbos hang barely to a single turbo supra on a roll. Haven't seen any evos yet, and waiting for the day . I have (on my computer) videos of single supras raping ferraris, lambos, built vipers, & z06's.

Last edited by mr96gsx408; Nov 23, 2004 at 02:39 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mr96gsx408
Some of you guys are forgetting, max horsepower does NOT mean fast. It's who has more area under the dyno graph. A supra can hit 700hp earlier and have more area under the curve than the smaller displacement evo.

My buddy has a sp67 single turbo powered supra with a built automatic with 4k stall torque converter, and i'll tell you this: it'll take tons of money for a evo to touch it. He ran 12.9@ 114+ 1/4 on stock twins and ****ty tires. Evo's can't even hit 110mph on the 1/4 all stock. Good luck hanging with a built supra on a roll.

I've seen some really built 2.4liter conversion dsm's with fat turbos hang barely to a single turbo supra on a roll. Haven't seen any evos yet, and waiting for the day . I have (on my computer) videos of single supras raping ferraris, lambos, built vipers, & z06's.
My evo has already ran 12.2@114 with stock turbo and all season tires.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KIDBANGA10
My evo has already ran 12.2@114 with stock turbo and all season tires.
you ran that time completely stock?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

when you say under the curve... are you refering to a power band similar to this evo?

Last edited by KIDBANGA10; Nov 23, 2004 at 04:12 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KIDBANGA10
when you say under the curve... are you refering to the power band...kinda like the evo in this thread.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=42720
yeah, but that's kinda different because it's mph x hp, i don't know on the top of my head converting it to rpm x hp. It's the integral pretty much of the function of the line for you calculus guys.

i'm talking about this:
peter blach's supra: http://to4r.com/media/peterbdyno.jpg
brett todd's supra: http://to4r.com/media/brett%20todd%20dyno934.jpg

over something like this celica's dynosheet:

and you gotta factor in different type of dynos used temperature for NA cars, ect.
A supra was the car I actually wanted before the evo. I just couldn't handle the smog issues in CA with a modified one and they're all used and abused . Also, they still run 40k for a 50k mile one in good condition! Toyota> mitsubishi in resale definately.

Last edited by mr96gsx408; Nov 23, 2004 at 04:24 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

you ran that time completely stock?
The car had full 3 inch exhaust, intercooler piping and cams with a dyno flash.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 04:23 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

yeah, but that's kinda different because it's mph x hp, i don't know on the top of my head converting it to rpm x hp. It's the integral pretty much of the function of the line for you calculus guys.

i'm talking about this:
peter blach's supra: http://to4r.com/media/peterbdyno.jpg
brett todd's supra: http://to4r.com/media/brett%20todd%20dyno934.jpg

and you gotta factor in different type of dynos used temperature for NA cars, ect.
A supra was the car I actually wanted before the evo. I just couldn't handle the smog issues in CA with a modified one and they're all used and abused . Also, they still run 40k for a 50k mile one in good condition! Toyota> mitsubishi in resale definately.
I wanted a supra also ....but i could not see my self paying so much for a used car.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

do we actually need 3.5 exhaust for 600+hp evos?

Quick Reply: 700whp VS. EVO 8