Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

350Z insurance cheaper than SRT-4???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350Z insurance cheaper than SRT-4???

wow....I just called to change my insurance over to the new Z and replace the SRT-4 and my premiums went down by $30 every 6 months. I thought that was strange considering there's a $10k difference in sticker prices between my SRT-4 and the new Z. Is it because kids are crashing SRT-4's right and left or something? I was all prepared for my insurance to jump and instead it went down. I'm happy but mildly intrigued as to why.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

turbo = dead kids
N/A = soon to be dead adults

GET THEM PICS UP MAN!
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
turbo = dead kids
N/A = soon to be dead adults

GET THEM PICS UP MAN!

I know...I wanna take pics but work is cutting into my leisure time with the new car

I'm detailing it Saturday so at least I'll have some then. If I go out for a haircut at lunch today I'll take some crappy cell phone pics at least.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

You've just created another opportunity for more srt bashing with your topic.

What were you thinking man?

j/k
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not surprised at all more kids drive SRT-4 and most people who get 350z are older drivers with more money and sence of responcibility and thus a lower crash rate which means cheaper insurance. When Evo's first came out my insurance on it was less than a standard WRX (that sence has changed due to fockers crashing their evos)
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

SRT4's are quicker and have a higher potential for power.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

thats funny
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
SRT4's are quicker and have a higher potential for power.

lol I do hope your kidding.... SRT-4 has the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile as the Z however the Z deffinately outhandles and pulls way ahead on the top end. Its also a naturally aspired engine which means you put a good turbo on it and its going to be that much more ahead of the SRT-4 which already has a turbo The Z is by far a nicer car with much more room for improvement than a FWD economy car with a turboed engine
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by loj68
wow....I just called to change my insurance over to the new Z and replace the SRT-4 and my premiums went down by $30 every 6 months. I thought that was strange considering there's a $10k difference in sticker prices between my SRT-4 and the new Z. Is it because kids are crashing SRT-4's right and left or something? I was all prepared for my insurance to jump and instead it went down. I'm happy but mildly intrigued as to why.
I think it's definately all the SRT-4 crashes that cause the insurance to be so high, not the turbo itself...although I'm sure that doesn't help any. I got some quotes on an Evo and was as eqaully shocked as you. I pay about $1,100 per year on the SRT-4 (It was $980 last year and I'm sure it will go up again this year). Anyways the Evo would be an extra $99 dollars per year to insure. So basically the insurance on a $30k car versus a $20K is only an extra $8 per month!?!? My agent said the reason is simple. The SRT-4 has a disproportionate amount of citations, accidents, and most importantly...single car accidents and fatality accidents. She said it will most likely go up again in '05. She didn't see any red flags on the Evo model yet though. Hopefully that will not change...{crosses fingers}

Originally Posted by Sentinal
Z...pulls way ahead on the top end...
Yeah. The SRT-4 is a dog up top. That's why it does slightly faster, higher trapping 1/4 mile times than the 350Z and does 160mph. But if you mean after 160mph...then yes...these little Neons fall flat on their face.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:09 AM

when i bought my 350z a couple of years ago, my insurance dropped as well. funny thing is my previous car was a 98 integra gsr. of course that thing was a magnet for thieves.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:16 AM
Account Disabled

yeah, my friend's integra gsr has been broken into so many times, 2 different expensive *** stereos stolen 2 times