Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

New Mazda 6

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2002, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah but in no way does this car compare to a WRX. I have read some of the reviews on it and it says that it is a nice car but it is too"jerky " way too much torque steer. I believe that the exact words were "feels" faster than a WRX but really it isnt". Mazda did put a Garret hybrid turbo in it but they said that there is very little room to get any more power from it.They have about maxed the engine out. That is why the PSI is set so low. So forget about buying one and slapping on a bigger turbo and expecting to get like 280 hp it just isnt gonna happen. My source for this info was car and driver's issue of new cars that were coming in 2003.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

It looks like a nice car, but, I was just pointing out that if you want a four-door sportscar, there are other REAL sport sedans out there... I mean, they are definitely not the First.

I know that commercials are usually embelishments, but, that's just too far.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by mobius97
Yeah but in no way does this car compare to a WRX. I have read some of the reviews on it and it says that it is a nice car but it is too"jerky " way too much torque steer. I believe that the exact words were "feels" faster than a WRX but really it isnt". Mazda did put a Garret hybrid turbo in it but they said that there is very little room to get any more power from it.They have about maxed the engine out. That is why the PSI is set so low. So forget about buying one and slapping on a bigger turbo and expecting to get like 280 hp it just isnt gonna happen. My source for this info was car and driver's issue of new cars that were coming in 2003.
That's funny cause the mazdaspeed 6 is supposed to have 280 hp and awd, too many sources to list, randon uk magazines, scc, etc. Might want to recheck your sources.....
Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Who knows what's coming down the pipe a year from now... I mean, christ, we're a month away from the unveiling of the Evo VIII, and we're still getting conflicting information.

I keep saying it, but, I'll say it again: car rumors cannot be confirmed or denied until that car hits the salesfloor.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Last I heard, rumor was that Mazda was going to send a hopped up 6 as part of the Mazdaspeed badge -- which is rumored to be AWD and more HP.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 07:42 PM

http://drive.fairfax.com.au/content-...XLQZVF1ZC.html
Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

trying to evolve

trying to evolve
Attached Thumbnails New Mazda 6-03mazda6mps.jpg  
Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

silver looks good.
Attached Thumbnails New Mazda 6-03mazda6mpsf.jpg  
Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:21 AM

i took the m6 for a test drive i liked it but id rather have my car it looks great handles pretty good but i would take a honda over the mazda just my 2 cents
Old Jan 2, 2003, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Too many dam headlights, and tail lights..... Q. Car or spaceship?
Old Jan 10, 2003, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by StreetLancer

There is word that Mazda already has a Mazdaspeed version of the 6 in the works. More turbo fun.

Latest from Mazada dealers (US) is that the Mazdaspeed 6 is due in March. Turbo and AWD. Expected to generate 280hp.

<g>
Old Jan 13, 2003, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Assuming it's keeping the same V6 as the standard 6, I'm not impressed with the power. Similar to the qualms about the MSP which had incredible handling abilities but low power on relatively unbuilt engine. They gotta make those internals tougher.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

They need to do it like the PT Turbo did (relatively speaking). It seems that until now, Ford hasn't been putting much effort into doing more than bolting on a TC, intercooler, monkeying with the suspension, putting on bigger wheels, and calling it done. However, what Dodge has done with the Turbo, and SRT-4 is completely redesign the engine, inside and out, make it stronger, and throw on goodies like a FMIC (as opposed to the vertical mounts that MS has been using), and "racing style" piston sprayers. Good stuff.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, them seem to be nice but it seems that most manufactures are bring their cars out with clear altezza lights

Cheers
Old Jan 16, 2003, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

I still am puzzled about the "double cone syncronizer" or whatever the hell it's called. Someone explain?