Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

00 Viper or 05 EVO MR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I probably have to sell my body as a male prostitute at night for an oil change money.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plokivos
I probably have to sell my body as a male prostitute at night for an oil change money.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

I have a cocky young bastard friend that drives his father's 2001 Viper, to make matters worst he lets his "teenager 16 years old highschool female friend" drive it all the time.

Anyway, please just sit in a Viper, I am 5'10" and I wish I was freakin whodini because there is no room inside what so ever. Once you complete the challenge or sitting in the car, do this, look to your left and you wouldn't see $hit, the top is so low that you just can't see. The parking brake handle looks like a War World II rusian tank, it goes high and looks out of place.

My friend's dad(the original owner of the car) once put a Supercharger on the car and he was running mid 10's but the car was undriveable, too much tires spin. The guy got sick and tire of the traction problems so he removed the Supercharger however left the aftermarket clucth on it.

When I sat on that Viper and I pressed the clutch pedal it was ridiculous hard, I mean hard like as if you were doing 150 pound squad on your legs, what a uncomfortable situation.

Lets be real here, the Mr is smooth like silk, has tons of turbo spool response on any gear, it gives you much much better gas mileage and at the end you might be able to get even faster 1/4 mile at the track than the Viper due to the traction.

Think about it twice, the Viper is a nice car but the Evo is almost toe to toe in pure acceleration and is a much affordable driveable fun car to drive. Are you ready for an extra $300-$400 dollars worths on gas, insurance and average maintenance?

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Dec 11, 2004 at 12:25 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

psss , I forgot to show you this from this forum:

EVO "almost" eats Viper at Buttonwillow!!!
Nov 15, 2004, 04:31 PM #1

The EVO driven by Kent Jordan and built by John Mueller and Road///Race Engineering clobbered a Viper last weekend (Nov. 13 & 14, 2004) in the Group A Race at Buttonwillow Raceway in California. On Saturday, the Viper managed to pass the EVO, but then the EVO stayed on his tail almost the rest of the race.

On Sunday, the EVO was ahead the entire 30 minute race, with the Viper on his tail trying to pass. On the very last turn of the race the EVO's brakes faded, causing him to put two wheels in the dirt briefly. The EVO got back on track, but that stutter step allowed the Viper to pass literally at the checkered flag. Kent posted terrific lap times and John's car acquitted itself admirably.

One of the judges called the car driven by Kent a "Viper eater" !!!

2004 EVO RS -- JIC/Mueller suspension & Schroth 4-point harness
2004 Audi S4 (B6) sedan -- bone stock
Last edited by Richard EVO : Nov 15, 2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you might be harboring a little bit of resentment toward the kid who gets to drive his father's Viper. I really like my Evo, and it's better then my Viper in a number of ways, but power just is not one of them. The Evo may be quick off the line and at lower speeds, but the overall acceleration of the Evo, especially at high speeds, isn't even close.

Edit: As far as racing classes go, I don't doubt there's a fast driver out there in a well prepared Evo \beating a lot of different cars. A friend of mine beat an entire field of 30 cars, including some Porsche GT3 Cup cars and Z06s, in an ITE race in his Z28. That doesn't make me think a Z28 has as much power as a GT3 Porsche or Z06.

Jim

Last edited by Jhodel; Dec 11, 2004 at 06:50 PM.