Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo vs. RX-8 in the twisties?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its funny how you SRT boys are always on here just waiting for us to say something. is your forum so horrible that you have to come here also? i admit im a member of naisoc or whatever it is but i never like search their forums, maybe its just me. but to stay to subject, yes the RX-8 is underpowered but in all honesty with that lack of power you dont got to worry about the back end slidding out as much = P and furthermore anytime you SRT boys wanna come do some canyon driving here in socal let me know.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

jesus, is it so hard to go one thread without name calling and insults?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by blonde; Dec 12, 2004 at 11:31 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Jadiem i think i love you
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I think the topic at hand is stock for stock, saying "with some modifications my car will beat such and such a car" is really not a very suitable argument. With 50k$ you can get a civic running 9's, once you get into modified cars, your getting into apples and oranges.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
BTW...Tim...I hear you and I know. Check out what the FWD Alfa Romeo is doing to BMW in the European racing championships. Also the Neon ACR has a lot of autox success. And that lightweight SRT-4 in SCCA got 8th in the "One Lap" beating lots of RWD cars. I'm talking stock for stock though. It would take close to $3,000 in coilovers, rims, tires and stiffer sway bars to get where I wanna be.
but thats still cheaper than an RX8 or evo, thats all i was saying. but i cant argue with you brian. if i had the money right now - if i was still working full time and wasnt back in school - i would be waiting on an MR right now!!!
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

The only people that hunt this forum for SRT-4 threads are childish trolls like groovytang in my experience. I started this thread because I wanted an answer to a question. Sheesh. Tex's answer was directed at me. Some of you need help if you get that upset about another car being mentioned. Nobody is taking your Evo away. Relax.

So if there are any adults still left in the discussion...

In the comparison that Top Gear did what was the course like? I mean if the course had huge straightaways it's not a fair test...wouldn't you agree since the Evo has such a power advantage? The most impartial stats I've seen so far are the skidpad where the Evo pulls a .92g and the RX-8 pulls a .91g

It sounds like handling is pretty comparable just based on that. I want this guy to be wrong but all things point to the famous "driver's race".
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

seriously though, everyone here's pretty much going to say "evo's better" and/or bash other cars if someone tries to start flaming...if you want non-biased answers, i suggest resorting to reputable car magazines/shows like Top Gear (well maybe not that reputable since they're pretty biased...) or especially Best Motoring International (man these guys know how to drive and what they're talking about! Gotta love Keiichi Tsuchiya)
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Stock for stock and with the same driver.......EVO > RX8

Mazda should've dropped the 20B in that car.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

you guys are pretty jumpy. im here to learn not troll! im to old to be causing trouble. not looking for things to go back to the srtfourms. im sick of those kids, they give all of us SRT guys a bad name. im just here giving my good buddy some real, accurate advice. thats all. please guys give me a break. if you dont like what car i have, get over yourselves. i promise i have had mine longer than any of you had yours! so i bought the best that was availiable!!!!! but im over it, i love my car. but again, im not here to cause problems, just learn, and give advice where my exeprtise is due - and believe it or not, i have quite a bit of it
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

i thought that the srt-4 had a new friend,the cobalt. i would think they would just fight with them now,since there about the same car,price,etc.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
The only people that hunt this forum for SRT-4 threads are childish trolls like groovytang in my experience. I started this thread because I wanted an answer to a question. Sheesh. Tex's answer was directed at me. Some of you need help if you get that upset about another car being mentioned. Nobody is taking your Evo away. Relax.

So if there are any adults still left in the discussion...

In the comparison that Top Gear did what was the course like? I mean if the course had huge straightaways it's not a fair test...wouldn't you agree since the Evo has such a power advantage? The most impartial stats I've seen so far are the skidpad where the Evo pulls a .92g and the RX-8 pulls a .91g

It sounds like handling is pretty comparable just based on that. I want this guy to be wrong but all things point to the famous "driver's race".
im not *****ing about you being here and im not worried about anyone "taking my evo away" i just wonder how you get all this time to cruise the boards, like i dont cruise the SRT-4 forums for stuff not saying it isnt a bad idea but just dont do it. im happy to have yall here, and as i stated before we should all go canyon driving soon im located in socal.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:50 PM
Account Disabled

lol the cobalt, yes it is comp for the srt-4 neon
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

MY opinion:

I owned an evo and a sileighty (silva/240sx for those who dont know)

4wd EVO:
better power
better handling
better torque

RWD sileighty:
handling is great but you need to know how to handle it
with a RWD the *** end kicks out with is what you want because when this happen you can take corners a bit faster(drifting)
thats why in japan MOST people get RWD
fun yes
forgiving NO
back to the real question can a RX-8 keep up with a evo depends on what techinques are used with drifting possible
again this is my opinion
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

no mods for the cobalt yet - no competion as of yet. but someday. you guys need to get over yourself! are you guys jealous that a neon can run 12's too?

sorry that came across a lot ruder than i meant it too. this is a forum for enthusiast of the evo. i like the evo therefore i am an enthusiast. but i can recognise that its not the fastest thing ever. we all recongnise that there are better, but for the money you guys are set. just like the SRT. what can you get for 20,000, especially that is as quick as it is

Last edited by TEXSRT4; Dec 12, 2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBubbler
im not *****ing about you being here and im not worried about anyone "taking my evo away".
Then my post wasn't directed at you. I'm on this forum because I'm getting an Evo. I'm not on any other car forums much anymore. See you around.

Quick Reply: Evo vs. RX-8 in the twisties?