Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: Ferrari F430 or Lambo Gallardo
F430
74.87%
Gallardo
25.13%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duely noted. F430 is my vote.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll take the 430 in white.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

man WSB breaks it up just as it gets good. j/k, i cant beleive we are even fighting about this. the ferarri, but even making 110k a year, saving until may or whatever, that is still a shi*load of money to pay for a car that cant be driven in rain. i mean i love them but sorry to break it to you 110K isnt THAT much money. no i dont make that much but if i did, i wouldnt drop out 5 yrs of my total income ( assuming you arent paying cash, finance charges, blah blah blah, and oh yeah ever see a maintenance bill for those things- you dont exactely take them to the track, drive the **** out of them, and let them sit outside for 6 months) for a car, and to say the least, the duration of future employment for you seems, ummmm SKETCHY. best of luck though.

Last edited by evolved04; Dec 21, 2004 at 11:32 AM. Reason: had to add
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

^ PS-sorry i forgot you are splitting it with daddy, so it would only be somewhere like 2.5 yrs of TOTAL income.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:48 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by evolved04
man WSB breaks it up just as it gets good. j/k, i cant beleive we are even fighting about this. the ferarri, but even making 110k a year, saving until may or whatever, that is still a shi*load of money to pay for a car that cant be driven in rain. i mean i love them but sorry to break it to you 110K isnt THAT much money. no i dont make that much but if i did, i wouldnt drop out 5 yrs of my total income ( assuming you arent paying cash, finance charges, blah blah blah, and oh yeah ever see a maintenance bill for those things- you dont exactely take them to the track, drive the **** out of them, and let them sit outside for 6 months) for a car, and to say the least, the duration of future employment for you seems, ummmm SKETCHY. best of luck though.
That's assuming you can even get one at list. The F360s sold well over list for the first couple years, and might still be to this day.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

I would have to drive both before making up my mind but the 430 is ****
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolved04

Im not going to start name calling again. My point is simple, if I made 110k a year, which I dont, (I make half of that) I'd do something better with it. I've been on the recieving side of good fortune in my times, so God bless anyone who can afford it. But seriously, the attitude thing is where rich people get set apart. Im friends with some very wealthy people, but being humble is priceless compared to a bank account. I've driven many sick cars because of the generosity and rigtheous nature of my wealthy friends. The dont go out and talk about how much they've got or how easy it comes to them. And one just friend who did do such things learned the hard way, just as easy as his families money came, it went. Hes now making less money that I am because the family business couldn't afford to pay him. The world is getting out of control with the accumulation of stuff, thats all we do is get more money to get more stuff, and if you work in a service business, like I do, you would realize that people are not nice. People are consumed with their lives at the expense of others. Demanding people are the worst when they have money, they feel that they are the elite so you owe them something. Bitter I may be, but when it all comes to a blazing crash, people like that are going to be the first ones on the soup lines, only to get pushed to the back of the line by people who are used to earning everything they've ever gotten. So to those who've never had anything come easy, and to those who have. To those who expect it and dont appreciate it.

Last edited by feldguy; Dec 21, 2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

^ well put.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 06:38 PM
Y2A

Originally Posted by feldguy
Im not going to start name calling again. My point is simple, if I made 110k a year, which I dont, (I make half of that) I'd do something better with it. I've been on the recieving side of good fortune in my times, so God bless anyone who can afford it. But seriously, the attitude thing is where rich people get set apart. Im friends with some very wealthy people, but being humble is priceless compared to a bank account. I've driven many sick cars because of the generosity and rigtheous nature of my wealthy friends. The dont go out and talk about how much they've got or how easy it comes to them. And one just friend who did do such things learned the hard way, just as easy as his families money came, it went. Hes now making less money that I am because the family business couldn't afford to pay him. The world is getting out of control with the accumulation of stuff, thats all we do is get more money to get more stuff, and if you work in a service business, like I do, you would realize that people are not nice. People are consumed with their lives at the expense of others. Demanding people are the worst when they have money, they feel that they are the elite so you owe them something. Bitter I may be, but when it all comes to a blazing crash, people like that are going to be the first ones on the soup lines, only to get pushed to the back of the line by people who are used to earning everything they've ever gotten. So to those who've never had anything come easy, and to those who have. To those who expect it and dont appreciate it.
werd
Old Dec 22, 2004, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you guys. Thank you.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Import an MR-FQ400 from europe or straight from japan would be my vote....but if you want to be seen in either car, get the lambo, fewer of em.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

this is why forums **** me off all i wanted was opinion on the cars then sombody said somthing.... i didnt want to get into this at all but ppl just have to say somthing to **** other ppl off.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
A little off topic, but have any of you seen the video of the FQ400 vs. the Lambo. I think it was the Mucielago (spelling?). The FQ400 hunted down the Lambo on the track and finally could pass when the Lambo spun out in a corner. The driver pushed it too hard trying to stay ahead of the "little" FQ400. That was on of the best car videos I have seen.

EVOlutionary
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
A little off topic, but have any of you seen the video of the FQ400 vs. the Lambo. I think it was the Mucielago (spelling?). The FQ400 hunted down the Lambo on the track and finally could pass when the Lambo spun out in a corner. The driver pushed it too hard trying to stay ahead of the "little" FQ400. That was on of the best car videos I have seen.

EVOlutionary
yeah... that's posted a couple places on here. Awesome vid...

Quick Reply: Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo?