Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: Ferrari F430 or Lambo Gallardo
F430
74.87%
Gallardo
25.13%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the Ferrari, so if I had the choice and the money, I would get the Ferrari.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing trumps the F...and the new 430 is smoking
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

The problem with these exotic vehicles isn't just the initial cost, it's the upkeep and maintenance. Plus, you can't drive them to the mall and park, someone is sure to vandalize. That's why there are so many low milage used Ferraris for sale. The owners are limited to "Sunday drives" on sunny days.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bluesmaster
The problem with these exotic vehicles isn't just the initial cost, it's the upkeep and maintenance. Plus, you can't drive them to the mall and park, someone is sure to vandalize. That's why there are so many low milage used Ferraris for sale. The owners are limited to "Sunday drives" on sunny days.
It really depends on where you live and where you drive it to. When I had my F355 Spider I drove it almost everyday and parked it in malls and other parking lots like movies or restuarants. I lived in Santa Monica and drive it to Bevery Hills, Hollywood, downtown LA and other places. I was just careful when I parked it so that the idiot next to me wouldnt ding my doors when they opened it. Usually parked it away from cramped spaces or on the street where there is a parking meter. The more you worry about it the more something will happen, thats the way I looked at yet. In the beginning you get kinda worried but after a few months you just dont really care. I think people dont vandalize exotics because they dont want to get caught doing something stupid and have to pay for it...IMO Instead of vandalizing it they just take pictures and drool over it.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
It really depends on where you live and where you drive it to. When I had my F355 Spider I drove it almost everyday and parked it in malls and other parking lots like movies or restuarants. I lived in Santa Monica and drive it to Bevery Hills, Hollywood, downtown LA and other places. I was just careful when I parked it so that the idiot next to me wouldnt ding my doors when they opened it. Usually parked it away from cramped spaces or on the street where there is a parking meter. The more you worry about it the more something will happen, thats the way I looked at yet. In the beginning you get kinda worried but after a few months you just dont really care. I think people dont vandalize exotics because they dont want to get caught doing something stupid and have to pay for it...IMO Instead of vandalizing it they just take pictures and drool over it.
It's a long way from Beverly Hills to Canton, Ohio Just check out how many cases of Evo vandalism have been posted on this forum...and thats just the tip of the iceburg.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bluesmaster
It's a long way from Beverly Hills to Canton, Ohio Just check out how many cases of Evo vandalism have been posted on this forum...and thats just the tip of the iceburg.
I know that.... but like I said with exotics I havent heard any about vandalism because they just probably get stolen instead
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

whatever, im involved in a family buisness and as far as how much i make it really doesnt matter for this car other than my payments im putting 50 down which i have half of now and should have the rest by aug. and then im financing estimate say 50k for 3 years and its just gonna be a fun car me n my dad will have. talk all the **** you want i dont give a **** to all you ppl who are just pissed because im 19 and getting one **** off i dont care bout you people i have other cars i can drive daily and i live at home so i have nothing better do to with my money so im gonna get somthing fun before i get older and have house payments wife kids and all the other **** that comes in the package
Old Jan 5, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8 WHOA
whatever, im involved in a family buisness and as far as how much i make it really doesnt matter for this car other than my payments im putting 50 down which i have half of now and should have the rest by aug. and then im financing estimate say 50k for 3 years and its just gonna be a fun car me n my dad will have. talk all the **** you want i dont give a **** to all you ppl who are just pissed because im 19 and getting one **** off i dont care bout you people i have other cars i can drive daily and i live at home so i have nothing better do to with my money so im gonna get somthing fun before i get older and have house payments wife kids and all the other **** that comes in the package
Money buys lots of things, but not class.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jasonc32amg
+1
Old Jan 7, 2005, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasonc32amg

see here is another one of you people's gay coments just to **** me off again just lay off all i was asking in this thread is an opinion on 2 cars and ppl have to be mother****ers about it.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

FERRARI no question!
Old Jan 8, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8 WHOA
see here is another one of you people's gay coments just to **** me off again just lay off all i was asking in this thread is an opinion on 2 cars and ppl have to be mother****ers about it.
You have to remember this is online. There are some jealous people out there so who cares what they think. I had the same experience as well, just ignore them and enjoy your life. BTW back to the topic, nothing beats a Ferrari! Have your father test drive both and see which one he likes...thats if they let him test drive it.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

I kept my mouth shut, as per request. I dont even have to speak to further prove my point. Ahh...thats refreshing.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
I kept my mouth shut, as per request. I dont even have to speak to further prove my point. Ahh...thats refreshing.
No doubt about it
Old Jan 10, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
You have to remember this is online. There are some jealous people out there so who cares what they think. I had the same experience as well, just ignore them and enjoy your life. BTW back to the topic, nothing beats a Ferrari! Have your father test drive both and see which one he likes...thats if they let him test drive it.

ya true, you think about it, it happens in public too but people are just to afraid to say somthing in person...

Quick Reply: Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo?